The mind behind Stick It! and AirCalc has released another innovative app, introducing OverSkreen to the Android Market today. OverSkreen is a floating browser app, allowing users to browse the web on top of just about any app and move, resize, or close browser panes at will.
OverSkreen may seem too good to be true, but the browser has a robust set of functions. OverSkreen supports Adobe Flash (on devices running Android 3.0+), system-wide bookmarks, multiple instances (panes), various user agents, and "suggest-while-typing" URL bar. Read More
Regal Cinemas, the largest cinema circuit in the US, recently got its own official Android App. The app brings a ton of easy functionality to your Android-powered device, allowing users to look up individual movies, read plot synopses, watch trailers, and order tickets with a credit card or Regal Crown Club number. The app also helps users find theaters and show times, and includes a handy click-to-call feature, as well as the ability to get directions using Google Maps. Read More
Roku owners, rejoice! An official app is now available in the Market that lets you use your Android device as a remote control for your Roku box as long as both are on the same Wi-Fi network.
The app allows you to navigate your Roku box from afar, including launching channels, control media playback, and finding new channels. It also offers text entry via your devices on-screen keyboard, as well as back and options buttons. Read More
The first update since November to both tablet and phone variants of the official YouTube app arrived today, bringing the Android 3.2+ compatible version to v3.5.5 and the versions for other devices to 2.4.4. The changelog seems to indicate that both of these received multiple bug fixes as well as the ability to sign in with a Google account. In addition to that, the version for older devices (2.4.4) received HD playback:
Android 3.2+ devices: v.3.5
- Sign-in with Google account
- Multiple bug fixes
Earlier Android devices: v.2.4
- Sign-in with Google account
- HD playback (on capable phones)
- Multiple bug fixes
This update is confusing and irritating for a few reasons. Read More
Before I got my Galaxy Nexus, I was a die hard user of GO Launcher EX. I was actually reluctant to try it at first, but a good friend of mine basically forced me to use it for a day, after which, I never looked back (Thanks, Chris!). I can't imagine having a pre-ICS phone without installing GO.
Now, the GO Team has brought the goodness of GO Launcher EX to Android 3.0+ tablets by way of GO Launcher HD. Read More
The official press release said "This sale will begin Friday at 12PM EST," but they actually meant 12 PM CST.
To say that Poweramp is a major fan favorite music player is to put it mildly; the app has over 10 million downloads, and with over 146,500 ratings, checks in at an impressive 4.5 stars (out of 5). That's probably thanks in part to an impressive feature list:
- plays mp3, mp4/m4a (including alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff (* some wma pro files may require NEON support)
- 10 band optimized graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets, custom presets
- separate Bass and Treble adjustment
- stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance
- replay gain
- plays songs from folders and from own library
- dynamic queue
- lyrics support, including lyrics search via musiXmatch plugin
- embed and standalone .cue files support
- support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists
- OpenGL based cover art animation
- downloads missing album art
- 4 configurable widget types
- configurable lock screen with optional Direct Unlock
- headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection (can be disabled in settings)
- tag editor
- visual themes, including support for external/3rd party skins
- fast library scan
- high level of customization via settings
In celebration of their success, the developers are dropping the price for 48 hours (from Friday at 12PM CST to Sunday at 12PM CST), from $4.99 to $2.49 - and they "might drop that to $1.99 if [they] get enough people excited for this sale." What are you waiting for? Read More
Baseball season 2012 is rapidly approaching and fans of America's past-time are gearing up to watch their favorite teams hit the field early next month. If you're one of those fans, then you probably want to keep up with all the latest info and developments before and throughout the season; for that, there' the MLB.com At Bat 2012 app.
The app allows you to quickly check what's going on with your favorite team throughout Spring Training, as well as listen to radio broadcasts of games, follow along batter-by-batter; search players, teams, or keywords; and grab the latest headlines. Read More
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by having to keep up with multiple social networks? Seesmic Ping brings a much needed sigh of relief by allowing you to post to multiple Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts with just one update, effectively making your online social life much easier to handle.
In addition to being able to post to all of your accounts with one single tap, this app will also let you schedule your posts or status updates for future times and dates. Read More
We first discussed the impressively-featured, but somewhat ugly, CloudAround Music Player when it was released about two months ago. The developers promised a "slick new interface" was coming soon, and boy have they delivered - as well as brought some new, even more impressive features.
Let's start with the features first:
- Full settings section including:
- Caching limits
- Cache Clearing
- Ability to toggle hiding duplicates
- Force album/artist art scan
- Prevent artist metadata scanning
- Wifi only settings
- Artist art download quality
- Completely new beautiful UI based on user feedback
- We've had easily a hundred emails of requests
- default background images that are easy on the eye
- default art covers
- New mini player on the songs listing page, with control as well as progress
- Enhanced for tablet sized interfaces
- Landscape and portrait mode for player pages
- Artist Image Backgrounds
- Fixed foundation layer to provide for a more reliable player under OS stress
- Improved stream times
- Ability to hide/unhide artists/albums/songs from user view
- Performance boosts, which were critical for massive cloud accounts
When they say brand new interface, they really mean it. Read More
Popular synchronization software and Dropbox competitor SugarSync received and update earlier today that brings a slew of enhancements and bug fixes to the app, including support for Android 4.0. Here's a look at the full changelog:
- Easily share files and entire folders to your friends on Facebook, email, SMS, and more.
- Select multiple items at once. We support batch operations!
- Copy, move, and delete files or folders.
- Earn free storage in the app.