The YouTube app’s player interface has started to look cluttered with tens of options and icons crammed onto a tiny mobile screen. Google has been trying to alleviate the situation a bit lately by adding a few neat gestures that cut down the number of taps required. Joining this list is a relatively new gesture that lets you exit fullscreen videos with a single swipe. Read More
We recently learned that the Pixel 3 is pretty good at shooting video, and it turns out that it's not bad at playing video back either. The Pixel 3 XL supports 1440p60 HDR playback, a step up from the Pixel 2 XL's 1080p60 HDR maximum. Read More
Some major changes for the YouTube Android app appear to be coming down the pipeline. Several readers have reached out to us with screenshots and video documenting substantial tweaks they noticed when firing up the app. Read More
MX has always been a pretty impressive video player - it's chocked full of useful features and offers nearly every codec imaginable. Today, it received an update to v1.7 that brings a fair amount of performance improvements for various devices, as well as one really neat key feature: background playback.
- Stabilized S/W decoder on Tegra 3 devices such as ASUS Transformer Prime, HTC One X, Nexus 7.
- Added new hardware decoder named H/W+. (However, H/W+ decoder is available only on limited devices)
- Added support for x86 CPU.
- Added background play. (long presss play button)
- Added supprot for custom FFmpeg build.