The Team Win Recovery Project has released version 18.104.22.168 of its custom recovery, known simply as TWRP. This update brings a system read-only option that's intended to help you make a pure backup of your system image that you can later flash to receive over-the-air updates after having rooted or ROMed your device.
Android 5.0 devices and higher check the system partition to see if it has ever changed from read-only to read/write. Users can now opt to install TWRP as read only. Read More
If you're a frequent ROM flasher (why does that sound mildly dirty?) and a OnePlus One owner, you might want to grab the latest build of TWRP. A Team Win developer says that it now supports Qualcomm's native encryption scheme in addition to Android's standard AOSP encryption. Why does this matter? According to Ethan "Dees Troy" Yonker and cited benchmarks, Qualcomm's encryption offers better performance when compared to Google's encryption applied to the same hardware. Read More
The Galaxy S6 is the Android phone to beat so far in 2015. That being the case, it's naturally going to be a big part of the modding scene from here on out, as have most of its predecessors. Right on time, Team Win has delivered their much-loved custom Android recovery to Samsung's new flagship. Read More
The Team Win Recovery Project's custom recovery, affectionately known as TWRP, has received an update today. The latest version of the software is now 22.214.171.124, and it comes with a number of changes. There are some keyboard improvements here, some scroll bar adjustments there—that sort of thing.
Here's the full list.
- Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
- Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
- Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
- Keyboard improvements (_that)
- Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
- Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
- Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
- Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
- Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
- Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
- Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
- Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
- Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)
TWRP comes in handy for backing up your device, flashing ZIP files, and installing custom ROMs. Read More