Blowfish Studios has just unleashed two versions of Siegecraft into the Android world, one of which is optimized for Tegra devices. Not only does this game look beautiful, it appears to have some pretty dynamic gameplay as well. Immerse yourself into a world torn by war, in which you'll be in charge of protecting the land and castle of the race you choose to play as, eliminating enemies with a wide range of awesome weapons. Read More
The amount of quality games for Android just keep growing, and show no signs of slowing anytime soon. To add to the list of OMG that looks incredible! games, SoulCraft THD will be coming to Tegra-powered phones and tablets later this month, bringing an action packed holy war to the palm of your hand.
The premise of the game is pretty sick: humans are on the verge of discovering the key to eternal life, but the angels and demons have something to say about that. Read More
Built using Unreal Engine 3, Da Vinci THD is the first full game to appear for Tegra 3 devices, and seems to be packing some serious online FPS gameplay. The game is set during the Renaissance, just after Da Vinci's death, when "heroes of [the] Renaissance" begin battling to capture a mysterious machine created by the famed inventor and artist. The real story, though, is Da Vinci's gameplay.
Players can explore beautifully crafted environments, and utilize powerful weapons while battling with (or against) other players online. Read More
Any time a new game shows up in NVIDIA's TegraZone, we immediately hop on to take a look - after all, only the best of the best games with gorgeous graphics make it that far.
The newest addition to TegraZone this time around is Meltdown On Mars THD - it's what I would call a mix of tower defense and Gun Bros, executed in a way kind of similar to Dungeon Defenders. Read More
A few months ago, I reviewed the Droid X2 and came away unimpressed. Performance was mediocre despite the powerful dual core Tegra 2 CPU, and more importantly, the PenTile display used by Motorola was a step up on paper and a huge step back in practice. Fast forward a few months and I've landed a Motorola Photon 4G (slightly behind schedule thanks to a few logistics issues, but better late than never!) I'm happy to report that despite seeming like it's almost the same device inside, it's quite a different beast this time around. Read More
Some of my favorite mobile games for the mobile platform are of the puzzle genre, because it tends to lend itself well to the array of controls that are provided. A new THD game that just landed in the Market today, however, combines simple controls and some quirky physics to give you a unique puzzling experience.
In Sprinkle, you are put in charge of a small village's fire department, who are in turn in charge of extinguishing fires that are caused by falling meteorites. Read More
With today's Motorola XOOM release, we are finding ourselves searching for apps and games optimized specifically for larger screens and raw Tegra 2 power. It doesn't look like we'll have too much trouble, as quality games have already started pouring into the Market.
The good news: 2 hours ago, Samurai II: Vengeance appeared in the Android Market.
The not so good news: the game is carrying the tag THD (Tegra HD), meaning it is optimized for Tegra-based Android devices only, according to its description. Read More
Sometimes, it's best when a game doesn't perform just one function. Especially when graphics-heavy apps charge more than usual for an experience that might grow stale, variance and depth is extremely important. The iOS port of Galaxy on Fire II has depth in spades, but is the overall experience worth the game's price?
Galaxy on Fire II plays remarkably similar to a 2003 Windows game called Freelancer, in which you took on the role of an interstellar starship captain with an eye for earning money. Read More
It has been several weeks since Nvidia first dropped the news that Galaxy On Fire 2 was coming to Tegra devices, and now it's finally here. Galaxy On Fire 2 THD takes mobile gaming to a whole new level with its amazing details and rich gameplay, offering a massive galaxy for its playground. Here are some of the main features:
- A huge galaxy with over 20 solar systems and beautifully rendered planets
- 100 unique 3D space stations and more than 30 customizable space ships
- Unique reputation and diplomacy system
- Story-based, mission-based and free gameplay
- Complex trading system with over 170 different commodities of all kinds
- High quality visuals and music, full voice acting (English) and 3D sound
- Action Freeze™: 3D screenshot tool to save screenshots from any perspective and upload them to Facebook™
- OpenFeint integration of leader boards, achievements and saved games
- Supports up to full native 1280 x 800 pixels resolution
- Heavily optimized to utilize the eight-core rendering power of Tegra’s GeForce GPU for console-gaming quality on mobile devices
- All meshes re-created from scratch as if they were to be used for a proper console game
- New details added to the design of each of the over 30 spaceships and 100 space stations
- Carefully re-painted space background images and planets at 2048 x 2048 pixels resolution to ensure crystal clear game experience even on 10 inch tablets
- Four times higher texture sizes on all in-game textures and four times higher polygon count on its spaceships, space stations, jump gates and asteroids compared to standard tablet versions
- Sophisticated OpenGL ES 2.0 specular and displacement shaders on all in-game assets
You can get Galaxy On Fire 2 THD free in the Android Market right now - but there's a catch. Read More
On Friday we told you about the arrival of Pinball HD for Tegra devices, but if that just wasn't your cup of tea where pinball is concerned, then you'll be happy to know that ZEN Pinball THD will become part of the Tegra Zone family soon. ZEN Pinball is a port from the popular Playstation 3 game of the same title, and this will be its first venture into the mobile world. Read More