PowerAMP for Android appeared seemingly out of nowhere one day as a leaked beta and immediately captured attention of thousands of Android users who were impressed by its initial features, good looks, and overall polish. Fast forward to today - PowerAMP is one of the best selling Android apps in the Market with a 4.6-4.8-star rating, even at ~$4.99, which is considered pretty pricey for an app.
We sat down with Max Petrov, PowerAMP's sole developer, to discuss Android development, PowerAMP, the Market, and everything related. Read More
The popular Android music player PowerAMP received an update this morning with new features and numerous bug fixes. Take a look at the change log below:
- PowerAMP now has open API for 3rd party developers. Please check PowerAMP site for reference, samples, and complete Widget Pack sources
- PowerAMP now can be moved to SD card. You can still use PowerAMP widgets if you install PowerAMP Standard Widget Pack
- added Dolby/SRS support for HTC Desire HD (and few other HTC phones with Dolby/SRS) (Equalizer => DHD button)
- added song number/total counter (Settings => Look And Feel Tweaks => Show Track Counter)
- auto-advance option for queue (Settings => Auto-Advance Settings)
- PowerAMP now re-shuffles lists on repeat
- playlist/queue reordering can be now toggled on/off via special icon in list headers
- PowerAMP now shows embed lyrics from tags in its Album Art area.
PowerAMP is my favorite Android music player - that's no secret. In fact, according to our recent poll, it is yours too, as PowerAMP is currently leading it at 39%. Appearing seemingly out of nowhere about a month ago, this EQ-enabled program with a stunning UI managed to win the hearts of tens of thousands of people, reaching 50,000 downloads in a matter of days.
A slightly lesser known fact, however, is that the Market version is actually a time limited 15-day trial (the Trial part of the Market name kind of gives it out), but the developer, Max Petrov (or simply Max MP), assured us we'd have the full version before the trial expiration. Read More
You may recall Artem's preview post last week, where he showed off the latest in slick Android music players. Well, no longer are you at the mercy of filesharing site download limits, as PowerAMP build 204 is now available in the rather more dependable Android Marketplace. Cough.
With a change log of such length that it would put a cellular network press release to shame, it's fair to say that this latest version of PowerAMP is packing a few new features. Read More
There is no shortage of media applications for Android - in fact, Winamp that came out last week was the most serious and robust media offering I've seen so far. However, when it comes to strictly the media player functionality, even Winamp can't touch what I'm about to show you - a new beta app called PowerAMP.
PowerAMP is an Android media player developed by a cool Russian dude by the name of Maxim Petrov (Max MP). Read More