The Consumer Electronics Show is always full of surprises, and one of them this year was a pre-production smartphone with a color e-ink screen from Hisense. While Stephen wasn't convinced of the device's usability during a hands-on demo, Hisense doesn't seem to be the only company working on an e-ink phone. Read More
The LineageOS custom ROM used to support just about every phone imaginable, but lately the project has been going for quality over quantity. Oreo (15.1) builds have to fulfill stricter requirements to receive official status, and now Lineage is dropping support for 30 unmaintained phones and tablets. Read More
I always have fun seeing which services are being added to IFTTT: it leads me to discover new products I'd never heard about, it makes me imagine scenarios for automations that I wouldn't have considered previously, and it reminds me of how much of our lives nowadays can be relegated to a server somewhere.
Over the past couple of weeks, 9 new channels have been added to IFTTT. I'd only heard of Hive before, but you may find something here that you've been anxiously waiting for and that's super popular in your environment. Here they are:
- SafeTrek, an app and service that can dispatch help (police, ambulance, fire truck) in an emergency
- Guardzilla, a security camera company with several models including a 360-deg HD indoor cam
- Hive Active Plug, a WiFi-connected smart plug
- iDrate, a smart garden watering controller
- Orion, the makers of Onyx, a connected walkie-talkie for teams
- data.world, "an online platform designed for data and the people who work with data"...