Two new reports in the US emerged late yesterday of Samsung's "safe" replacement Note7 smartphones catching fire. One, in Kentucky, actively went unreported by Samsung (the fire happened on Tuesday) and caused a man to be treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation when his phone caught fire in his bedroom overnight. The second gave a 13-year-old a minor burn when a Note7 battery failed in her hands.
Both reports seem extremely reliable. Read More
Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 sales won't be exploding anymore and neither will its batteries. Yesterday, Yonhap reported that the South Korean juggernaut was about to announce a global recall of its Note7 flagship due to recurrent incidents of exploding devices while charging, and now the news is official.
According to Yonhap, again, Samsung has conducted a press conference in Seoul today and announced the global recall of the Note7. Koh Dong-jin, head of Samsung's handset business division, said that:
As of Sept. 1, a total of 35 claims were registered with Samsung's service centers at home and abroad.