Nazrin Hassan, CEO of Malaysian venture capital firm Cradle Fund, reportedly died of injuries caused when his cell phone exploded as he slept. The cause of death was initially said to be smoke inhalation — but according to a statement released by Cradle, Hassan died of "complication of blast injuries attributable to an exploding hand phone." It's not currently clear what type of phone was involved. Read More
Not all that many Samsung Gear Lives have made it into the hands of users, but already we're seeing reports of the smartwatch's charging mechanism breaking and preventing users from continuing to power the device without resorting to wildly impractical measures. Some disgruntled Google I/O goers have taken to Google+ to share pictures of their damaged hardware.
The user who shared the image above contacted support to arrange for a replacement and came to the conclusion that "Samsung can die in a fire." He was unable to find success through Samsung's site due to an inability to find a "model code" that the website insisted on. Read More
Having had the HTC Sensation in-hand for about a week, our unit has developed some troubling issues with its touchscreen. Namely, the panel often misses first presses, and also struggles with fast brushing movements.
The first issue results in great frustration when typing, as auto-correction of words does not work without the first letter. It also means you often have to tap several times on icons on the homescreen to launch an application.
With the second problem, the malfunctioning results in very choppy scrolling, in the app drawer or in Twitter applications such as TweetDeck. Frequently the touchscreen will register a brushing touch as a press, and will select whatever your finger happened to be passing over at the time. Read More