It's been a while since we've seen Samsung do anything in the high-end tablet market; in fact, the original Tab S was probably the last flagship tablet the manufacturer released. But today marks the nationwide availability of that tablet's successor(s), the Tab S2 9.7 and S2 8.0.
As the names suggest, this pair packs 9.7-inch and 8.0-inch displays, respectively, both using the 4:3 aspect ratio that many users crave (and equally as many users hate). Otherwise, these are both packing some pretty intense hardware under the hood:
- SoC: Quad 1.9GHz + Quad 1.3GHz, Octacore application processor
- Display: 2048×1536(QXGA) Super AMOLED
- OS: Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Camera: 8MP AF(rear), 2.1MP(front)
- Memory: 3GB(RAM) + 32/64GB internal memory, microSD up to 128GB
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO (2.4GHz/5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth®4.1 BLE
- GPS: GPS, GLONASS
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Finger Scanner, Gyroscope, Compass, Hall Sensor, RGB Sensor
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC
- Video: H.263, H.264(AVC), MPEG4, VC-1, WMV7, WMV8, VP8.