A few days ago, T-Mobile's version of the Samsung Galaxy S II, codenamed "Hercules," received a hearty scoop of Ice Cream Sandwich. Today, the fun continues for owners of the device, as Team Douche just made available official CM9 nightlies.
Definition: A "nightly" is a cutting-edge release that is built on a daily basis, usually at night after a full day's worth of new code has been committed.
It could oftentimes be unstable and not properly tested, lacking any changelogs, but eventually evolving into alphas, betas, release candidates, and finally stable releases.
Still holding out for the mythical (pun intended) Samsung Hercules, leaked via a T-Mobile roadmap a couple months back? While we don't have any pricing or release info just yet (though that September 26 release date certainly seems possible), TmoNews has gotten a hold of a few pictures of the device that confirmed it as the 4.5" Galaxy S2 T-Mobile variant.
These pictures don't confirm everything that is rumored about the phone, but they do have some good information in them:
- The Hercules will officially be marketed as a Galaxy S2 phone
- Runs Android 2.3
- TeleNav GPS Navigator and Netflix pre-installed
- 4.5" display
- TouchWiz 4.0
- 8 megapixel camera
- Four capacitive buttons (unlike the international version of the GS2)
Yeah, September can't come soon enough. Read More
One awesome T-Mobile leak isn't good enough for you? Well then, you'll be interested to hear that the folks at This is my next have a second (albeit related) leak for Magenta customers - a roadmap detailing their device releases from now until September of 2011, as well as some glimpses of what we can expect beyond that. Without further ado, let's introduce the devices:
- HTC Sensation 4G, Samsung Exhibit 4G, and Samsung GT2: Admittedly, these won't come as much of a surprise, as their release has already been confirmed.
T-Mobile customers who were concerned that they may not be getting their own version of the Galaxy S 2 need not worry any more - according to a big leak over at This is my next, T-Mobile is prepping to release the Samsung Hercules (a codename, so it will likely be something far more vague and meaningless by the time it hits stores). The specs are very similar to both the Galaxy S II and Infuse 4G:
- 4.5" 800 x 480 Super AMOLED Plus screen
- Android 2.3
- NFC support
- Measurements: 5.16 x 2.76 x 0.37 inches (nearly identical to the Infuse)
- Qualcomm 1.2GHz dual-core APQ8060 processor (as opposed to Samsung's own Exynos)
- 8 megapixel camera with flash
- 1080p video capture
- Front-facing camera
Sounds awesome, right? Read More