eBay has been pushing out quite a lot of short-term discounts in the last year, and just in time for your final pre-Black Friday purchases, we have another. Until 8PM tonight, you can get 15% off your purchase up to a maximum $100 discount via a coupon code. But there's one major catch: you have to make the purchase via the eBay app. Read More
When eBay updated its Android app to v2.0 about two weeks ago, many users were experiencing serious issues with the new version. eBay quickly pulled the update, and went back to the drawing board. Now the new version has returned. And yes, they kept the absolutely terrible asphalt background in the eBay Motors section.
Here's the changelog, which contains all of the improvements of the original 2.0 update:
- Find cars, trucks, motorcycles as well as compatible parts and accessories with the mobile-optimized eBay Motors experience (US only, more countries coming soon)
- Improved My eBay list access
- Simplified navigation throughout the app
- View bidding history on an item
- Add up to 12 photos when listing an item with the app
- Users in Italy and Spain can now list items with the app
- Payment support for Malaysia and Singapore
The app seems to be working fine now, as well, so go ahead and update away. Read More
Update 2: eBay has acknowledged the issue, and given a statement:
By now, you have probably noticed that we experienced an issue with the latest version of our Android app. As a result, we have temporarily replaced the latest version with the previous one. We value our customers and regret any inconvenience. Delivering the very best shopping experiences to our customers is our goal – anywhere, anytime and on any device.
eBay Mobile Team
Update: The app has been rolled back to version 1.8, presumably because of bugs, and in order to implement eBay's new logo.
I've been using the official eBay for Android app for some time now, and I have to say, it's never been a pretty thing. Read More