Summer is still in full swing, which means news has been a bit slow. Still, we learned this week the Mate X was delayed, OnePlus has big plans for the future, and mobile VR is pretty much dead. We're discussing all this and more right now on the Android Police Podcast, so why not have a listen?
This week's topic list:
- Huawei further delays folding Mate X, still projects 2019 release
- The Galaxy Note10 marks the end of Google Daydream and Gear VR
- Samsung is spamming Galaxy phones with multiple Note10 ads
- Verizon 5G spanks Sprint's in new Speedtest.net performance report
- OnePlus CEO confirms its second 5G smartphone will be available worldwide this year
- OnePlus unimaginatively calls its smart television ‘OnePlus TV’ after year-long naming competition
- US delays tariffs on smartphones, other electronics until December, thus saving your holiday shopping
- North American smartwatch shipments up 38% this year, and Samsung's market share is growing
- Sony WF-1000XM3 review: The current king of true wireless earbuds
For those of you not familiar with Twitch, you can follow a channel for free (you'll get alerts when it goes live), but you can also support the show financially by subscribing. For Android Police, subscribing gets you an emoji of Ryne's face that you can use whenever you want. You also get extra entry methods in our site's giveaways.
The Ryne emoji
If you have Amazon Prime, you get one free subscription every month, so you can support us without actually paying anything yourself. All you have to do is link your Amazon account to your Twitch account, then hit the Subscribe button on our page. There's a guide here with the full details, but the subscription doesn't auto-renew, so you'll have to re-subscribe each month.
If you've already subscribed, please double check that your subscription is still active, it may have already expired. As a bonus, if you subscribe while a show is live, a giant Pixel 3 XL notch appears at the top of the stream with your name on it.
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast: