It's been almost a month since the 0.13.5 update for PUBG Mobile dropped on the Play Store, and today it would appear that the 0.14.0 update is here. PUBG Mobile's Play Store listing was recently updated with a new changelog that stipulates a few of the more important additions coming with today's update. The highlight is, of course, the new Infection mode and map that brings along playable zombies, but you can also expect to find a new pirate theme in the menu, as well as some improvements to the character and mission systems.
The PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 update landed earlier this morning, and so it would appear the official patch notes are still yet to be published on the official PUBG Mobile website. Luckily the Play Store listing spells out a few of the important additions and changes. Besides the new Infection mode and map that brings playable zombies you'll find a new character system that unlocks more appearances and skills, a restock of popular Season 8 items, an improved daily mission system, an adjusted inventory UI, and of course a few bug fixes. If you'd like to read the full Play Store changelog, I've pasted it below.
1. New Infection mode and map. Play as Zombies!
2. New character system - unlock more appearances and skills!
3. Pirate main menu theme and Global Treasure Hunt!
4. Royale Pass Season 8 with popular items restocked!
5. Daily mission system improved.
1. Android installation package has been reduced.
2. Inventory UI adjusted.
3. Fixed climbing bugs.
4. Fixed a bug where characters got stuck in buildings.
As always, each new update to PUBG Mobile brings along a lot of new stuff, and while it would be nice to see the developers time their releases with their announcements a little better, I suppose the lack of patch notes on the official PUBG Mobile website isn't the end of the world. I'm sure at some point PUBG Corporation will get around to publishing these notes, but really the most important bits are already available in the What's New section on the Play Store listing. So if you have a hankering for playing PUBG as a zombie, or would like to experience a new mode and map, you'll want to make sure that your copy of PUBG Mobile is on version 0.14.0.
INFECTION ZOMBIE MODE ADDS UNDEAD TERROR TO PUBG MOBILE DEATHMATCH EXPERIENCE
Blockbuster mobile game updated with new game styles, pirate-themed content and more for iOS and Android
LOS ANGELES – Aug. 14, 2019 – Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation released the full version 0.14.0 content update for PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE (PUBG MOBILE). Today’s update boasts an all-new infection version of PUBG MOBILE’s hit zombie mode, in addition to fresh Royale Pass themes and more. Players can skydive into the latest update for free on the App Store and Google Play.
Earlier this year, PUBG MOBILE teamed up with Resident Evil 2 to give the classic battleground a sinister undead makeover with the introduction of zombie mode. In this hit version of PUBG MOBILE, players test their grit against hordes of monsters to survive until dawn. For the first time ever, players can now drop into an all-new asymmetric player vs. player zombie infection mode where they are divided into Zombies or Defenders. While Defenders are equipped with firearms, Zombies can only use melee weapons and special abilities with cooldowns to take down and infect Defenders. If all Defenders are infected, the Zombies win!
In addition to the all-new Infection mode, the Version 0.14.0 update delivers:
· Sea Treasure Themes – To continue the Summer season of nautical fun, an all-new theme of Sea Treasure graces PUBG MOBILE’s main menu and in-game items;
· Global Treasure Hunt – Today’s treasure-themed update brings with it an unprecedented in-game hunt with million-dollar prize pool. Players can collect gold, silver and bronze compasses to redeem rewards;
· Royale Pass Season 8 – Previous fan-favorite items have restocked for players to earn and unlock;
· Daily Mission System Update – All daily in-game challenges unlock upgraded rewards for even more chances to earn rare loot;
· iOS Background Downloading – iOS players can now keep PUBG MOBILE open as a background app while downloading updates;
· Android Resources Extension Pack – Beginning today, the Android installation package size has been reduced, and rarely-used in-game equipment can be stored in the Resources Extension Pack until they are needed.
PUBG MOBILE is available to download for free on the App Store and Google Play.
ABOUT PUBG MOBILE
PUBG MOBILE is based on PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, the phenomenon that took the world of interactive entertainment by storm in 2017. Up to 100 players parachute onto a remote island to battle in a winner-takes-all showdown. Players must locate and scavenge their own weapons, vehicles and supplies, and defeat every player in a visually and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.
For more information, please visit the official PUBG MOBILE accounts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.