In June we received the 0.13.0 patch for PUBG Mobile, and now that a month has rolled by, it's time again for yet another update. The version number will be bumped to 0.13.5, and while the update does not appear to be live in the US just yet, it should land on the Play Store by the end of the day. This version update also signals the start Season 8, which should begin in the next day or two, though if you're interested in the majority of changes that come with the .5 version bump, make sure to click the read more button to check out these details in full.
The PUBG Mobile 0.13.5 update will land sometime before the end of the day (7/16), so you may be wondering what changes should be expected whenever it drops. Most notably the season system has been redesigned to offer a more intuitive interface, with rating and tier changes coming to the classic mode. The game's fifth submachine gun, a PP-19, will drop in Erangel and Vikendi, and there's a new Room Mode in TPP-Team Deathmatch. Of course, Season 8 should begin in the next few days, and there's no shortage of themed events planned for the future, but if you'd prefer to pore through the changelog yourself, I've pasted it in its entirety directly below.
1. New Weapon: PP-19
- The game's 5th submachine gun. Fires 9mm ammunition. Drops in Erangel and Vikendi.
- The PP-19 is a 9mm submachine gun with a detachable oversized magazine of 53 rounds, but it does not support magazine upgrades, so the capacity cannot be increased through attachments.
- The weapon can be equipped with scopes and muzzle attachments, and can be equipped with all scopes from the Red Dot Sight or the Holographic Sight to the 6x Scope, and all muzzle accessories available for submachine guns.
- The PP-19 has single shot damage value of 35 and a rate of fire similar to the UMP. Its default magazine size gives the advantage of a fully kitted weapon during early game. These advantages come at the cost of a slightly weaker performance later in the match.
2. TPP-Team Deathmatch added to Room Mode.
3. iOS background download and update feature has been added. While downloading a new patch, iOS players can now send the app to the background (iOS shop will not be updated to reflect this).
4. New Rating Protection Cards, including Rating Protection Card (Duration) and Rating Protection Card (Uses), will take effect when ratings change. No rating will be deducted while the Card is active. Only applies to Crown tier or below.
5. The High Frame Rate option has been added to HDR mode for some high-end devices. Enable it for even better graphics at the cost of battery life. It can be configured in Settings - Graphics.
6. PMCO-themed events are coming in late July. After completing the missions, players can listen to the new PMCO song by Alan Walker, and get the PMCO Theme for the Main Menu.
1. Season system upgrades
- The Season interface has been redesigned to be more intuitive.
- The Classic Mode Results Screen has been adjusted. Rating and Tier changes are now more visible on the screen.
- Season 8 rewards have been adjusted. The entire Season 8 outfit is now available upon reaching Gold tier. Diamond tier will feature Season-exclusive weapon finishes.
- Tier rewards have been adjusted. Reach Crown or above to get a special team-joining effect and name tags. Reach Ace or above to get a permanent season title.
- Rewards will now be automatically sent to players at the end of the season.
- At the beginning of each season, players will learn about more detailed changes from the previous season.
- The ranking system’s algorithm has been tuned to slightly increase the weight of kill points, so kills will have a bigger impact on Tier.
- Tier transfer rules have been revised. Starting from Season 8, Tiers below Gold are transferred as-is to the next season.
- Tier Transfer messages has been polished. Rating reset information for all servers will be shown in one message, and tier transfer rules will be explained on the website (link will be included in the message).
- Tier promotion reminder has been adjusted. Division promotions within a tier will not be shown in the lobby. Tier promotions will get a more extravagant reminder.
- Tier icon visuals have been improved.
2. Royale Pass: New ocean-themed outfits and items await players in the Season 8 Royale Pass!
- New friends request feature: on the Elite Pass purchase page, players can ask their friends for the Elite Pass or Elite Pass Plus.
- To celebrate the first anniversary of the Royale Pass, some items from Season 2 and Season 3 are coming back. Players can get these rare items in Rank Rewards and Redemption Crates.
- Display effects on the Rewards screen, Mission screen, EZ Mission License screen, and Ranking screen have been adjusted.
1. Fixed issue of reward notifications not appearing when there are Daily Missions in the reward for RP Missions.
2. Fixed issue of Crate Names described in EZ Mission License Perks 3 not matching the actual crate.
3. Fixed issue of players being erroneously ranked with incorrect ratings and tiers during the season change.
4. Fixed issue of players unable to move the avatars of their teammates in Team Deathmatch Mode.
1. Items have been added to BP Shop for Prime subscribers, including Season 8 passes, mission cards and more.
2. The UC Purchase Bonus screen has been updated. Rewards have also been updated.
3. Title visual effects have been improved.
4. Select mythic outfits are now shown with weapons drawn.
5. Unified the Crate names and fine-tuned the visual effect of the navigation bar on the right side.
6. Bonus Challenge results are now calculated in real-time. The Middle East, Southeast Asia, Europe and the United States regions will be start soon.
- Team Up in Royale Pass Season 8 for the Summer Carnival! Treasures from the ocean await you!
- PUBG MOBILE CLUB OPEN 2019 Global Finals, 7/26-7/28 - Join us in Berlin! Check-in in-game a certain number of times to collect PMCO-exclusive rewards!
- PUBG MOBILE x BAPE collaboration with in-game BAPE products and retail merchandise!
- Alan Walker x PUBG MOBILE's new collaboration single and mystery set! Check the event center to participate in the new song unlocking event.
- To celebrate the first anniversary of Royale Pass, some Season 2 and Season 3 events will be back. Players can get these rare items in Rank Rewards and redeem crates!
As you can see, there are many new changes, additions, and bug fixes coming with the 0.13.5 update for PUBG Mobile. It can be tough to time these sort of things, which is why the update was officially announced while still not being available for the majority of players. This situation should change by the end of the day, though season 8 is another story. It may not arrive for a few more days, but this is how these things usually work, so it's not unexpected. At the very least you'll have a new gun to play with while you explore the game's redesigned season system, which should tide people over for at least a couple of days.
ROYALE PASS SEASON 8 AND MORE GRACES PUBG MOBILE’S BATTLEFIELD IN TIME FOR NEW VERSION UPDATE
Blockbuster mobile game adds new third person perspective Team Deathmatch Mode for iOS and Android
LOS ANGELES – July 17, 2019 – Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation released the full version 0.13.5 content update today for PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE (PUBG MOBILE). As a key part of the update, players can now mow down the competition with the all-new PP-19 submachine gun. Additional features, updates to Team Deathmatch Mode and other tweaks are also part of the free update available on the App Store and Google Play.
Full details for the 0.13.5 content update include:
· PP-19 Submachine Gun – The latest addition to PUBG MOBILE’s deadly arsenal of weapons arrives just in time for Royale Pass Season 8. Players can now experience the awesome force of the fully automatic 53-round magazine loaded with 9mm ammunition;
· Third Person Perspective (TPP) Mode – Just one month after the blockbuster success of PUBG MOBILE’s Team Deathmatch Mode, players can now experience the rapid-fire action in Third Person Perspective;
· Royale Pass Season 8 – This summer, PUBG MOBILE sails out to sea for an unprecedented nautical season, packed with unlockable and equippable lost treasures of the ocean;
· Additional System Upgrades – Today players can experience redesigned season interfaces made to be more intuitive, along with updates and improvements to the Subscriber BP Shop, Title Effects, Crate Names and more.
In addition to today’s overhaul of fresh content, Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation reveal a roster of new summer events for PUBG MOBILE players and partners. Community members can celebrate Royale Pass’s one-year anniversary with even more exciting content and earnable rewards.
Stay tuned for more summer events coming soon, including an upcoming Alan Walker x PUBG MOBILE song and in-game skins. BAPE x PUBG MOBILE also returns this August will all-new in-game an in-store items.
PUBG MOBILE is available to download for free on the App Store and Google Play.
ABOUT PUBG MOBILE
PUBG MOBILE is based on PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, the phenomenon that took the world of interactive entertainment by storm in 2017. Up to 100 players parachute onto a remote island to battle in a winner-takes-all showdown. Players must locate and scavenge their own weapons, vehicles and supplies, and defeat every player in a visually and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.
For more information, please visit the official PUBG MOBILE accounts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- PUBG Mobile