The latest iteration of PUBG Mobile has officially landed on the Google Play Store. It would appear that these updates are released on a two-month schedule, and so it's time to check out version 0.13.0. The most notable change that comes with this version bump is the addition of a new team deathmatch mode, but of course, there's a lot more additional content to go over, which I will detail below.
The PUBG Mobile 0.13.0 update brings with it a host of new features and a bunch of bug fixes, but the highlight is assuredly the new 4x4 team deathmatch mode that was added to EvoGround, which should allow for fast-paced firefights in both third and first-person views. You even have the ability to customize these two views separately, which should make it a lot easier to switch back and forth. New cheat detections that deal with virtual apps, emulators, and modifiers have also been added, and inventory management has been improved as well. Plus, there's a new Godzilla theme where you'll be able to earn rewards through a few themed events. Of course, if you'd like to pour over the complete changelog, here it is in its entirety.
What's New in 0.13.0:
- Added Team Deathmatch mode to EvoGround. This new mode features fast-paced firefights in both FPP and TPP. Players can also create their own rooms with room cards
- Added control settings for FPP. Players can now have separate settings for TPP and FPP
- Upgraded 3rd party app prevention system and enhanced detection of cheating behavior via Virtual App, emulators and modifiers
- Added MVP showcase system at the end of each match. All players will receive a default MVP pose. The top 3 players in Classic mode or the MVP of the winning squad in TDM will be featured
- In Vikendi, players will now leave footprints, trails and tire tracks on snow
- Added a dedicated button for climbing that can be enabled in the settings
- When killed by friendly fire, now players can decide if the teammate should lose merit or not
- Added a Godzilla theme. Godzilla themed lobby background will be available together with many themed events and rewards after the update
- Added new popularity gift and ranking reward. Every week, the top 100 players in the list may collect the title All-time Popularity or Recent Popularity
- Added Charisma Ranking. The permanent outfits and firearm/vehicle finishes collected by a player will increase their Charisma
- New Achievements:
Victory Legion: Complete 1/5/10/20 matches with Dominating in Team Deathmatch
Alpha & Omega: Get the first kill and final blow in a Team Deathmatch
T-800: Achieve Terminator 1 time in Team Deathmatch
Envoy of War: Complete a series of missions in Team Deathmatch.
- Survive Till Dawn and Darkest Night changes:
1. The old zombies have been replaced by 4 types of new zombies
2. Liquid Nitrogen Grenades now leave behind a cloud of freezing smoke on the ground for a long period after explosion, reducing the movement speed of any unit in the area
3. Added new mode combat modifiers
4. Certain zombies now have new abilities: Tanks will empower nearby allies; Skinners can slow nearby players
5. A new factory has replaced the police station
- Inventory improvements:
1. Players can now combine items in batches
2. Equipped items will be displayed on top
3. Duplicated new items will no longer be indicated by a red dot and the "new" tag
4. The Backpack and Helmet tabs have been moved to the Customization tab.
- Arcade mode opening times have been adjusted. Mondays and Wednesdays: Sniper Training & War; Tuesdays and Thursdays: Mini-Zone & Quick Match; Fridays to Sundays: All Arcade modes are available. All times are in UTC
- Protective items are now 25% more durable. Their effectiveness remains unchanged
- Players can now bolt/reload a bolt action rifle while moving instead of completing the process while aiming down sights
- Improved the animation in FPP when running while holding an SMG.
- Vehicles now have improved feedback on explosions
- Event Center now has improved interactions and better tutorials for the event missions
- Crew Challenge Qualifying Round has been expanded. Now 6 qualifying matches will be held every day, up from 5. Each squad can participate up to 3 matches per day, up from 2. Each squad is allowed to participate a total of 18 qualifying matches, up from 12. And new items have been added to the Crew Shop
- Players who have registered for Crew Challenge will now receive a notice 10 minutes before a match starts
- Players can now collect all rewards from daily missions, progress missions and achievements all at once
- Added 3 new Clan Insignias for Lv. 7, Lv. 9, and Lv. 10
- Added a latency indicator to the main screen. Green, yellow, and red represents a good, average, or bad connection
As you can see, the PUBG Mobile 0.13.0 update offers quite a lot of changes, and I'm sure the majority are indeed welcomed with open arms by the player base. Small things like being able to see your footprints in the snow or the new popularity and gift ranking rewards show that the developer is indeed interested in the minutia that makes this title shine, plus it's always nice to have new a mode or two to play through every couple of months. When taking all of this into account, it's quite easy to see why the game is so popular.
4V4 TEAM DEATHMATCH EVOLUTION ON PUBG MOBILE - FAST-PACED AND BREATHTAKING! TEAM UP AND FIGHT!
PUBG MOBILE Surpasses 400 Million Downloads and 50 Million Daily Active Users as a New Milestone Outside of China
LOS ANGELES – June 12, 2019 – Mobile players worldwide can now experience team deathmatch gameplay in PUBG MOBILE as part of a massive update released today by Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation. For the first time ever, PUBG MOBILE offers a thrilling 4v4 battle mode for fast-paced firefights, along with multiple other in-game additions.
The new mode challenges PUBG MOBILE players to communicate, work together and think quickly to earn coveted chicken dinners. Available in both First-Person Perspective (FPP) and Third-Person Perspective (TPP), the new deathmatch mode features a timed respawn where teams race to earn the most kills. Check the video for more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI1C8oC8cm0&feature=youtu.be
Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation announced a new milestone that PUBG MOBILE has surpassed another impressive milestone as more than 400 million downloads and 50 million daily active users outside of China. PUBG MOBILE continues its streak as one of the world’s most popular mobile games, following its domination of 2018 end-of-year award shows including “Mobile Game of the Year” at the Golden Joysticks among multiple other nominations. PUBG MOBILE also made headlines earlier this year with its new Gameplay Management System, making it a forerunner in the movement to make gaming healthier.
The deathmatch mode is just one part of a larger update for PUBG MOBILE, including additional Godzilla: King of the Monsters themed rewards, gameplay additions and other notable balances.
Further details for today’s content update include:
· Upgraded Control Settings – FPP and TPP now have unique control settings for increased on-screen control customization, including an all-new button specifically for vaulting and climbing;
· Godzilla: King of the Monsters Theme – As part of the ongoing collaboration between PUBG MOBILE and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, a daunting Godzilla theme arrives in the lobby background, along with multiple other thematic events, rewards and more;
· Vikendi Footprints – Players can now act as sleuths to track their enemies’ whereabouts with the addition of footprints in the snow of the tundra Vikendi map;
· Third-Party Anti-Cheat System – A new app prevention system has been added to detect and report cheating behavior through emulators and modifiers;
· Fresh Achievement Challenges – Players can challenge themselves to a new wave of in-game trials for the new team deathmatch mode, such as initial and final kills, number of victories and more;
· Additional Social Features – Today’s update introduces multiple new social features, including MVP showcases at the ends of matches, upgrades to the portable closet system, popularity gift rewards, charisma ratings and more.
As PUBG MOBILE grows into one of the world’s most trending mobile games, it is devoted to providing a better gaming environment and being proactive in building a balanced and sustainable online gaming ecosystem. PUBG MOBILE is introducing a new “Gameplay Management” system to encourage players to enjoy a sustainable and balanced PUBG MOBILE experience. Players will be requested to confirm their age to activate the Gameplay Management when they login for the first time, while players under the age of 18 have to acknowledge a gaming advisory before they can start the game. Also, the system will use pop-up notification about game playing time to reminder players to have a rest or stop the game. The Gameplay Management system has been deployed recently in certain areas, including Asian and North African countries, including Indonesia, India, Nepal, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt. The Gameplay Management system will deploy in other markets in stages.
Stay tuned for more details about future PUBG MOBILE announcements, including a rumored Summer carnival for community members, celebrities and more to introduce the new Summer theme TEAM UP!
PUBG MOBILE is available to download for free on the App Store and Google Play.
ABOUT PUBG MOBILE
PUBG MOBILE is based on PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, the phenomenon that took the world of interactive entertainment by storm in 2017. Up to 100 players parachute onto a remote island to battle in a winner-takes-all showdown. Players must locate and scavenge their own weapons, vehicles and supplies, and defeat every player in a visually and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.
For more information, please visit the official PUBG MOBILE accounts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- PUBG Mobile