The mobile Lightroom apps have continued to improve over the past few months, with new features like detail adjustments, app shortcuts on Android, and presets that sync across all platforms. Lightroom 3.6 is now rolling out on the Play Store, and it has a few minor new features.
- Improvements to Optics tab: You can now reduce chromatic aberrations (CA) and manually select from one of the more than 1,200 Adobe-created lens profiles
- Support for HEIC (HEIF) image format
- Pause and resume synchronization within the cloud status tab
- Removed 15 photo max limit, on photo export
- New Technology Preview: Best Photos – Uses Adobe Sensei smarts to select the photos with the highest potential, quickly and easily
- New Guided Tutorial: Watermark
The ability to toggle chromatic aberrations in the mobile app is definitely handy, but support for HEIC/HEIF is probably the most important addition here. Several iPhone and iPad models now take photos in HEIF by default (starting with iOS 11), and the format is supported in Android 9.0 Pie.