- 0.1 Quaser Two
- 0.2 Road Trip - Endless Driver
- 0.3 PBS KIDS Kart Kingdom
- 0.4 Wire
- 0.5 Top Gear: Donut Dash
- 0.6 Omega Vanitas MMORPG
- 0.7 Titan Tiles
- 0.8 Club Penguin Island
- 0.9 Quantum Revenge
- 0.10 Chicken Jump
- 0.11 Cover Fire
- 0.12 Gunpie Adventure
- 0.13 MLB TAP SPORTS BASEBALL 2017
- 0.14 Battle Copters
- 0.15 Catomic
- 1 WTF Game(s) Of The Week
- 2 Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
Quaser Two is at its most basic a space survival game where you manage resources in order to power your ship and maintain its crew. This is something very similar to Out There or FTL, where you will need to balance your ship's needs with extreme care. Now, Quaser Two may not be as polished as the games it clearly is inspired from but it still offers a great deal of content for what is a free game. There are advertisements included but the Play Store does mistakingly list in-app purchases when there are none to be found within.
You are on board the spaceship Quaser in this resource management game. You have to survive managing 5 different sections of the ship with limited resources until you reach your destination. Reach the planet Hydra 228 and uncover the mystery of the spaceship Demeter.
- Spaceship simulation
- Space survival and resource management
- Unique strategic gameplay
- Polished HD graphics
- A dark and melancholic ambience
- Epic enigmatic story
- Non-combat strategy
Road Trip - Endless Driver
Endless runners have definitely found a home on mobile. It seems everyone and their grandmother has released an endless runner of some sort. Suffice to say, the market is flooded with them, which can really diminish interest. I can't say that Road Trip - Endless Driver adds anything new to the mix, but it does at least offer a polished presentation with some fun car crashes mixed in. On top of that, the game is completely free with no sign of in-app purchases around. There are advertisements included but they are optional, so you don't have to view them unless you want to. Despite Road Trip - Endless Driver being available on the Play Store, it is listed as "unreleased", so keep in mind that there may be bugs or a few unfinished features.
An endless driving game with insanely realistic crashes. See how far you get before you hit a log truck, golf cart, steam roller or all of the above.
- Swipe left and right to change lanes
- Watch in horror as your Road Trip comes to an end in the worst way possible
- Watch a replay and relive that horror
- Send video replay to a friend so they can experience the horror
- Try again.
- Super fast driving, super realistic crashes.
- 33 different cars, more added all the time.
- Explosions, people getting out of cars, golf clubs, and lots more stuff happens after you crash.
- Construction sites, tunnels, intersections and more.
- Video replays of every crash that can be saved to your gallery, send via text message, posted to Youtube, whatever you want.
PBS KIDS Kart Kingdom
Another "unreleased" game on the Play Store, PBS KIDS Kart Kingdom has a pretty good start on offering a fun educational title for kids. This is a sidescroller adventure game that focuses on problem solving and customizability. It is presented in this way so that children can learn valuable skills while also enjoying the uniqueness of their experience. As a kid-focused release, it would appear that there are no in-app purchases or advertisements to worry about, which is quite a relief.
Welcome to Kart Kingdom, the free kids educational game where you can customize your own kart, create your own adventure and collaborate with other kids to complete challenges and unlock rewards. Includes curriculum-based games with favorite PBS KIDS’ characters designed to help kids think strategically and solve problems. Engaging and fun, the app is based on the well-loved PBS KIDS online world Kart Kingdom.
- Explore 16 epic quests that challenge kids to keep trying until they succeed.
- Play fun curriculum-based games that help kids ages 6+ learn to strategize.
- Drive your kart through many worlds to complete quests while gathering resources, and making gadgets.
- Collaborate with other kids to craft new karts and complete community events that unlock rewards.
- New karts added weekly and in-world themed events keep kids excited to learn day after day.
Wire is like a minimalist Flappy Bird, but instead of tapping on the screen, you hold down your thumb until you want to move in the opposite direction. The design of the app is clean and the animations are smooth, which makes for an overall pleasant presentation. What does not make for a pleasant presentation is seeing a full-screen advertisement before the start screen even boots. While yes, there is a single in-app purchase of $1.99 that will remove the ads from the game forever, for those that play for free this experience can be pretty annoying.
Wire is an addictive one touch game where you have to navigate as a magical wire through a series of challenging obstacles. The game also offers 19 unlockable skins that feature each a unique music experience. You are invited to navigate as far as possible and make your best score. Ben Phillips name, image, likeness, trademarks and copyright and all Ben Phillips related indicia © Ben Phillips. All Rights Reserved.
Top Gear: Donut Dash
Oh boy, yet another tie-in game, this time from the BBC. Top Gear: Donut Dash is, of course, a game meant to advertise the popular TV show Top Gear. Gameplay wise what we have here is pretty basic. Your vehicle will drive around doing donuts around a central building, where unhitched campers come rolling in towards this building. It is up to you to destroy all of the incoming campers as they inch slowly towards their target. This is done simply by running into them. More or less this game is just an endless runner where you perform donuts in a car. Top Gear: Donut Dash is a free-to-play title, so there are in-app purchases that range up to $3.99. There are also advertisements included, but they can thankfully be removed by purchasing any of the games IAPs.
An official BBC Top Gear Game. The Top Gear Production Office is under attack by an army of rogue caravans, hell bent on its destruction. Take the wheel of some of the most iconic vehicles from the show and drift around the Production Office, shielding it from attack. Destroy wave after wave of caravans as you drift faster and faster. The future of Top Gear depends on you.
- Drive legendary vehicles from the TV show.
- Complete challenges to earn donuts.
- Destroy more caravans than any other game. Ever.
- Compete with friends on leaderboards and share via social media.
Omega Vanitas MMORPG
Omega Vanitas MMORPG from the outset looks a bit like an old computer RPG, and that is actually a pretty close description to how it plays. Also, much like an old-school RPG, there is no hand holding. You will have to figure out what it is you need to do in this game all on your own. Straying from the classic CRPG formula, there is a bunch of MMO mechanics added on top. It's with these MMO aspects that the gameplay gets a bit iffier. Through a bunch of in-app purchases, (that range up to $4.99) you can buy a few conveniences that easily offer a leg up over non-paying players. This could really inhibit the fun of the PvP mode. Short of the IAP issue, Omega Vanitas MMORPG is an alright game, just don't expect a desktop experience.
Omega Vanitas is a free post-apocalyptic open world online MMORPG game. Isometric pixel graphic brings back the old spirit of the classic top-view games. This old school 2D game with retro graphic and open world is inspired by some of the best role-playing games from the past decades.
- Wander and scavenge the vast post apocalyptic world.
- Fight against enemy gangs and mutated monsters.
- Make new friends and work together on your survival.
- Customize your character with many different skills.
- Gain experience and levels, solve addictive quests and improve your character attributes to stay alive in that survival game.
- Enhance your hero with hundreds of different items which you can find searching the massive world, crafting from garbages or trading with other players.
- Get pet or hire companion to help you survive in world covered in radioactive fallout.
- Challenge other players to real-time PvP duels.
- Join or create a faction to dominate the others.
- Build new structures to strengthen your faction’s domination.
Titan Tiles is quite similar to solitaire mahjong. You match tiles to one another by assessing what order will be best as to not be left with any tiles on the board. There are two modes of available play. One mode is time-based, meaning you need to clear the board under a set amount of time. The other mode is free-play, which is great for those that do not want to rush or stress over limited time. While the game is free there are advertisements included that are constantly shown when playing. They can luckily be removed with a single in-app purchase of $3.49. There are also other IAPs included which allow for the purchase of in-game currency. These can go as high as $11.99 per currency pack. Luckily you earn Titan Tiles's currency at a good clip, so there is no real need to purchase any unless you just want to move along quickly.
Play your way. Relaxing Titan themed Missions, or Addicting Titan Time Attack Blitz Mode. How to Play: Clear tiles by matching two identical tiles which can be connected by a maximum of 3 lines without the lines passing through any obstacles. Lines can pass through the outer parameter of the puzzle game board. This game is 100% free to download and play. It is ad supported. You can pay a small fee in the game to permanently disable all forced ads if you wish.
- Collect Titans and earn XP to learn their intel.
- Missions have no timer. Clear all tiles to win. Endless progression.
- Blitz mode is a race against the clock for a high score. New challenges on each level.
- Hundreds of unique mission tile layouts.
Club Penguin Island
Club Penguin Island is a casual social MMO that is focused on a kid friendly community. You can interact with your friends, complete mini-game like missions, or just hang out trying on different outfits and customizing your avatar's looks. When you dig deeper, though, you find out that things are not as innocuous as they first appear. Many of the more enjoyable aspects such as the customization or daily quests are locked behind a $6.99 monthly paywall. Yep, this kid-friendly game pretty much requires a monthly fee in order to actually enjoy it. As expected the in-app purchases range up to $6.99, just remember that you need to pay that every month.
Where your adventures begin. Discover a destination full of secrets and myths, legendary treasures, and piñata smashing penguins when you sign up for your account and choose your penguin name. On DISNEY'S Club Penguin Island, you can waddle around with friends, level-up, and quest for special rewards.
- JOIN A THRIVING COMMUNITY where there are friendly locals and enthusiastic newcomers
- EXPLORE THE ISLAND with penguin friends. Dive for gems, ride geysers in the lagoon, or share some stinky cheese.
- CREATE & CUSTOMIZE fashion-forward outfits with endless combinations for your unique style
- DISCOVER quests, special surprises, rewards, and coins.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF WITH CHAT, unique emojis, and 3D animations
- SEE A CONCERT, or BE the concert. Join other penguins who never want the party to end.
- DO SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY like hitting the stage, enjoying pizza, or joining a party.
Twin stick shooters seem to have found a welcome home on touchscreen devices. While tactile controls are difficult to beat, the touchscreen does lend itself well to the dual thumb action of a twin stick shooter. Quantum Revenge is not one to buck that trend. This is a beautiful looking game that stands out among the rest. It is fun to play to boot. You can purchase the full game for $2.99 and there are no advertisements or in-app purchases to worry about after your initial investment.
Quantum Revenge is a dual stick space shooter for mobile, designed for touch and game controller. It features breath taking 3D animation and 2D animation, highly stylized enemy and robot inspired from the Manga universe like Robotech, Evangelion, especially the 'Mecha' genre with man controlled robot fighters. In the year 70 of the Galactic Calendar, humanity left Earth for colonizing new solar system, like the 14th solar system. Many years after, the troops of Rokuseya are invading our solar system, destroying every planet and life, but Tetsuji, Shin and Katashi are the elite pilots and the last line of defence to save Earth.
Chicken Jump is a twist on the endless runner wherein you actually just stand in place. The main mechanic is simply jumping in place, but there is a twist, you need to control two characters at the same time. That is right, you will need to maintain the timing of two different characters and their need to jump at different intervals. It can be pretty difficult, but still enjoyable. Sadly, there are quite a few in-app purchases and they range up to $10.99 a piece. There are also advertisements in Chicken Jump, but it is unclear if they ever get removed upon purchase of any IAPs.
Imagine a deadly racing game - where you are the pedestrian. Chicken Jump is inventing a new genre: the "Endless Stander".
- 1-8 Player multiplayer fun
Play with friends or try to simultaneously control as many players as you can yourself
- Embrace Chaos
Smiles on players faces guaranteed due to carefully designed physics-based-humour-engine aka pure chaos.
- Maddingly Simple
One button controls make the game very accessible
- Unlock special skills
Loads of unlockable character classes with different special abilities: police slows down traffic, superheros let you start at higher waves (pro class) and many more
- Collect cards to increase skills
Card mechanic: some classes abilities increase - the more characters you have unlocked/collected
Cover Fire, as the name suggests, is a third-person shooting game that focuses on shooting enemies while utilizing cover mechanics. Much like a mobile version of Gears of War, but with less polish and optimization. In all actuality, this is just a reskin of a similar title from Glu. The only difference it seems is that the highest in-app purchase of $94.99 for Cover Fire is $5 less than Glu's offering.
Lead your band of heroes to a war against Tetracorp corporation. Build your own strategy in the battlefield and attack your enemy from all sides. Visit the huge arsenal and use powerful weapons and level up your soldiers with unique skills. Limitless action in the best shooter game for mobile and tablet. Do you accept the challenge? Are you the hero the human race needs?
NEXON Company has released their latest game Gunpie Adventure, an FPS that focuses on over the top arcade action. Something it also focuses on is gacha mechanics and an auto battle toggle that assuredly sees that you never even need to play the game yourself. For anyone familiar with Nexon, this is par for the course. Sure there may be something enjoyable deep down in there, but you better believe you will never be able to compete online if you don't sink a bunch of cash into Gunpie Adventure. Speaking of which, there are in-app purchases that go as high as $99.99. Not the biggest surprise, but still, never a fun discovery.
True arcade fun is back – fully dubbed and with original characters that will guarantee you a thrilling adventure through ancient ruins around the world. Hunt for artifacts & survive endless waves of monsters to defeat the evil Sirius.
- Intuitive controls and gameplay mechanics
- Real 3D shooting – Fast reactions & clever timing decide your fate
- Endless hordes of ancient monsters in over 200 stages.
- Unique boss battles in ancient ruins around the world.
- Unique boss battles in ancient ruins around the world.
- Team up with unique characters to defeat evil.
- Full voice-overs by Hollywood cast
- Explore famous sites of ancient civilizations - Greece, Egypt, South America, and China.
- Master your skills & your weapons – you will need both to prevail.
- Collect ancient artifacts and use their magic powers to strengthen your team.
- Choose your vehicle & fight hordes of monsters from a car, jeep, or tank.
- Compete against players from all around the world in Chase Battle
- Test your limits in Challenge Mode
- Collect legendary PIE Stones in Excavation
- Enjoy the perfect mix of jaw-dropping action and immersive story in Exploration
MLB TAP SPORTS BASEBALL 2017
It would appear that MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2017 publisher Glu is moving up in the world as they finally got the MLB licensing for this annual baseball game. Yep, all of your favorite teams will now be included in this 2017 release. Knowing Glu, though, there will be plenty of advertisements and in-app purchases. The IAPs unsurprisingly go as high as $99.99 per item.
MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2017 now features the official MLB Teams and MLBPA Players
- Play with official teams and players from Major League Baseball
- Tap to swing with easy one-touch controls, anytime and anywhere
- Enhanced graphics brings the Major League Baseball experience to life
- Build and level up your MLB roster to climb up the leaderboards
- Compete for the greatest baseball legends in daily events and challenges
- Swing for the fences in Home Run Battles mode
- Compete against multiple friends in action-packed gameplay sessions
- Play in weekly events and prove who possesses the ultimate team in head-to-head competitions
- Join a Club or create your own to compete in exclusive events for top prizes
Battle Copters is a multiplayer focused air combat game where up to 8 players can have a go at reigning supreme. Something to keep in mind is that this is a freemium title, so there will be plenty of paying players in these online matches. With most freemium titles, he who pays the most will more than likely succeed. As you can guess, there are advertisements and in-app purchases included in the title. Those IAPs go as high as $99.99 per item, so it's pretty easy to see who the target is for Battle Copters. Suffice to say, it is not core gamers.
Compete in the most action packed multiplayer airborne battles, with easy controls and awesome dogfighting action. Take control of a mighty Battle Copter and immediately plunge into 8 player battles to the death over 4 dangerous locations. Lock on your missiles and unleash hell on your opponents as you swoop through the arenas in aerial combat.
- Instantly playable, arena based, helicopter combat
- 8 player multiplayer with ‘Free For All’ and team Deathmatch action
- Arcade like controls and quick fire gameplay
- Enter a sky full of combat with up to 8 Copters in the sky at a time as well as 4 drones
- 17 war birds to pilot
- Develop your warbird with aa host of customization options and ice cool camouflage
- 5 custom arenas from a stunning, apocalyptic, city to a desolate arctic comms station
- Join or create your own Squadron and battle together to dominate the skies
Catomic is by design a casual match-3 game. You will never feel too rushed, which makes for a relaxing experience. The goals of the title are a little less clear than what you would think the simplistic gameplay demands. It does seem that you are collecting items as you play, but it is unclear what you use them for in the end-game. If you can ignore this lack of a long-term goal, then you may just enjoy Catomic. Something else to keep in mind is that there are advertisements and in-app purchases included. The IAPs run as high as $104.99 per item, so, depending on your needs Catomic may not be the cheapest option out there for match-3 gameplay.
Catomic is a beautiful and addictive match-3 puzzle about kitties and owls. It's free, easy to master, and a perfect mobile game for any puzzle fan. Match kitties on the board to make even more awesome kitties, so that they can go to space. Match and Meow. It's free, so thinking is only required when you play, not right now. Just download it. Catomic is an extremely addictive and easy to play match 3 puzzle. Combine grumpy cats and busy owls in groups of three to produce new characters. Each new match develops the cats’ space program and gets them closer to their dream of conquering the space.
WTF Game(s) Of The Week
The last game for today is a WTF title named Traitor Shaver. If you take a quick look at the screenshots you should be able to see why this was picked for the WTF category. First off, it is just an odd looking game with odd looking characters wrapped in a 40s wartime aesthetic. What brings it all together, though, is the gameplay of tapping on passing women's heads in order to shave off all of their hair. What makes this more challenging than it sounds is that you can't just pick anyone walking past. You will need to choose the ones with a "traitor" sign around their neck. A traitor of what, well, who cares I suppose. Just shave as many of those traitors heads as possible. Traitor Shaver does not contain any in-app purchases but it does display advertisements in between rounds.
Immerse yourself in this years most epic and realistic World War 2 game. Shave the traitors in post-war France. They do not deserve to have lush hair.
Be sure to only shave the guilty traitors, or else our shaving efforts will be undone.
- Incredible World War 2 story
- Detailed reenactment of post-war shaving
- High quality audio
Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
If you have an application in mind for the next issue of the roundup, feel free to send us an email and let us know.
Important: there are 2 requirements in order for the app to be considered, listed below.
- the app's launch date has to be no longer than 2 weeks ago
- it has to be original, ground-breaking, well-reviewed, interesting, fun, etc - the cream of the crop
Now, if and only if the above requirements have been satisfied, fire up an email to this address: [email protected].
1 sponsored placement per week is available (your app would be featured at the top and marked as sponsored) - please contact us for details.