Stitcher is a podcast player with a more "radio" vibe. You can create a station of all your favorite content and listen on-demand. The app has gone through a few big changes lately, and today's update to v3.8 adds more control over your front page, offline saving to SD cards, and a premium upgrade that ditches the ads. Sound good? Well, there's still more.
Here's the full changelog for the latest Stitcher update. It's a big one.
- Stitcher Premium - Ad-Free listening, Bonus content, exclusive Stitcher Originals, comedy albums and more!
- Easily block shows you don’t want to see on your Front Page
- Sort your playlists by recency, duration and more
- Support for SD cards and other alternate storage
- Improved Network Connectivity Detection
- Lots of bugs fixes and performance improvements
The premium upgrade does away with ads, but there's also more content. According to the app, you get bonus and early episodes of WTF, Comedy Bang Bang, and other podcasts. There are also some Stitcher-exclusive shows and full comedy albums that you'll only get with a premium account. Although, I cannot vouch for the quality of this content. A premium subscription costs $4.99 per month or $34.99 per year. There's a free week trial when you sign up.