What's your pick for best smartphone of 2016? For the first time (well, that I can remember), we're asking you to cast your vote for the phone you think stole the show this year. I've assembled a list of 15 devices that I think stood out in one way or another in 2016, so please note that the list does not purport to be exhaustive - this is, gently, curated.
With that in mind, consider your vote carefully. The tallying will continue through December 16th at 11:59PM PST, at which point the poll will close. We will announce the winner in a separate post the following week, declaring that phone the recipient of the Android Police Readers' Choice Award for Best Smartphone of 2016.
(In regard to the Note7: The Galaxy Note7 will not qualify for consideration in any of Android Police's 2016 awards posts. While we understand the phone did launch and was generally well-received, it has been recalled worldwide and will never go back on sale. We do not believe it appropriate or useful to endorse a product not only that no one can buy, but that is potentially hazardous.)
What is your pick for best smartphone of the year?
- Google Pixel / Pixel XL (45%, 6,699 Votes)
- OnePlus 3 / 3T (21%, 3,155 Votes)
- Galaxy S7 / S7 edge (17%, 2,530 Votes)
- LG V20 (3%, 472 Votes)
- HTC 10 (3%, 429 Votes)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix (3%, 405 Votes)
- Moto Z / Z Force (2%, 331 Votes)
- ZTE Axon 7 / 7 Enhanced (1%, 194 Votes)
- Xiaomi Mi 5 / Mi 5S (inc. Plus / Pro models) (1%, 167 Votes)
- LG G5 (1%, 140 Votes)
- Huawei P9 (1%, 110 Votes)
- Sony Xperia XZ (1%, 109 Votes)
- Huawei Mate 9 (1%, 84 Votes)
- BlackBerry DTEK60 (0%, 59 Votes)
- Sony Xperia X / X Performance (0%, 38 Votes)
Total Voters: 14,922