There's a Plex update rolling out, and it has finally fixed a long-standing deficiency in the app. Specifically, syncing just didn't work on adoptable storage. As of v5.2, it does. That's not all that's changing this time, either.
Here's the full changelog for Plex v5.2. The adoptable storage support is the most important change, but there's a ton of little stuff.
- Update Audio Player to improve the visibility of Lyrics.
- [Sync] Add support for Adoptable Storage.
- [Android TV] Jump to Library hub when switching location from Locations picker.
- [Mobile] Add options menu to search results.
- [TV] For troubleshooting, unavailable servers can now be selected.
- [TV] The app does not fall back to insecure connection by default.
- [TV] Sign Out will clear all user settings.
- [TV] Servers in a list now have Nearby/Remote connection status.
- Playing an audio track on mobile would halve it's star rating.
- "Camera roll" would show in Navigation Menu when disabled in settings.
- App could crash when attempting to play a file from a server that was no longer available.
- Mini-player would obscure the undo popup when removing an item from a playlist or queue.
- Upgrade ExoPlayer to r1.5.12.
- Minor improvements to the sign in/sign up screens.
- Playing a combined "photos and videos" library would sometimes open the wrong player.
- Remove orange dot in home when there is only one in-progress item.
- [Sync] Minor UI improvements in sync screen.
- [Sync] Don't show 'add to sync' option for playlist folders.
- [Sync] Updating the progress notification would crash the app in some devices.
- [TV] It was sometimes impossible to go back to the TV layout after having switched to the Mobile layout.
- [Android TV] Resuming playback from pause would sometimes require two clicks on the play button.
- [Android TV] App could crash opening preplay screen under certain circumstances.
- Avoid duplication of music in search when album title and artist name are the same.
- Reduce left padding on episodes grid in season preplays.
- [TV] Playing the last album track second time now fixed.
- [TV] Fixed playing a photo library.
- [TV] Fixed cursor glitch on a music mini-player.
- [TV] Disabled prev/next details navigation when going down from photo container.
- [TV] Vertical poster list items now have watch progress indicator too.
Previously, Plex didn't understand adoptable storage. If you formatted a card as system memory, the app simply didn't see it. Thus, you could not sync content to it. That's fixed now. There's also a long list of tweaks to the Android TV interface for Plex. You should be able to grab the update right now in the Play Store.