T-Mobile is gearing up to tempt consumers with some holiday deals, but it's not content to stick to Black Friday. Tmo has invented an entirely new shopping event called Magenta Friday. The gist is that you can get some free stuff starting this coming Friday, November 18th.
Here are all the deals that will be available this year.
- A family of four can get two lines free.
- Upgrade them to a FREE Samsung Galaxy S7 after 24 monthly bill credits when you trade in a Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 or other device.
- Get a FREE Gear VR and $50 Oculus app store gift card when you get a Samsung Galaxy S7 (including the free one above) or Galaxy S7 edge.
- Get a FREE Samsung Tab E or LG Gpad X after 24 monthly bill credits with a T-Mobile ONE tablet plan. You pay only the sales tax!
- Get $70 off the UE BOOM 2 wireless speaker (now just $129.99)
- Get $30 off the LG Tone Pro 760 Bluetooth headset (now just $39.99)
- Get $50 (>80%!) off the mophie Powerstation Mini (now just $9.99)
The two free line promotion starts November 18th and runs through the 20th. During that time, new subscribers who open two lines on the One plan can get two more free (T-Mobile basically waves the per-line charge). You'll still have to buy phones, though. Existing customers can get the free lines too, and you don't have to switch to T-Mobile One if you're still on Simple Choice.
The other deals start on Thursday, November 24th and run through November 27th. Note, the free devices are "free" in the sense that T-Mobile credits you the device payment back every month. If you cancel your account, you still owe the remaining device balance. While it's not explicitly stated, don't be surprised if switching to T-Mobile One is a requirement for the GS7 deal.