While perhaps my own involvement with Blizzard Entertainment’s Hearthstone has waned in recent months, due in no small part to other games that have nabbed my attention, the online card-based arena battle game is no less extremely popular. When Blizzard released the large patch 188.8.131.5221 on August 9, quite a few players began to eagerly await the latest single-player expansion that releases on all platforms today.
Here are the official inclusions to the adventure from Blizzard itself:
- A free Prologue mission for you to explore which unlocks two brand new cards.
- A journey up four unforgettable wings of the Karazhan tower fighting twelve funky bosses and completing nine new class challenges.
- Completing One Night in Karazhan will unlock 45 all-new Hearthstone cards for your collection.
- The grooviest new game board you’ve seen arrives to let you strut your card-playing stuff.
- Will you survive the challenging Heroic mode for each wing?
So, it seems that One Night in Karazhan will follow the formula for the single-player adventures: wings that contain new bosses and new class challenges that promise to test and reward your skills. As usual, beating the bosses will unlock their cards for your own deck. The expansion promises to be full of eclectic characters, magical events, and dazzling new cards. Of course, the requirement to participate in this magical bash is that you must have unlocked all nine heroes.
- The following card backs have been added:
- Medivh’s Invitation - Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play for August 2016.
- Karazhan Nights - Acquired by purchasing all wings of One Night in Karazhan within one week of launch.
- The Blue Portal - Acquired from completing One Night in Karazhan in Heroic mode.
- Faceless Manipulator now properly transforms into a golden copy of a golden minion.
- Fjola Lightbane no longer leaves a Divine Shield behind when transformed.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when you drew and played a minion very quickly at the start of your turn.
- [Phone] Your gold amount now properly shows when you access the Shop from the Open Packs screen.
- Fixed various audio, graphics, gameplay, AI, and UI issues.
The first mission in One Night in Karazhan will be available for free upon release of the expansion. The first two wings are available today, with the following wings unlocked one per week hereafter. As mentioned, the prologue wing will be free for all players, while the remaining four wings will cost $19.99 USD all together or $6.99 USD / 700 gold each.