Developer Chris Lacy has been hard at work, it seems. Just a few days after we posted details of the upcoming Nexus Launcher for Google's devices, a new beta build of Action Launcher 3 is live with several features seen in that leak. This is all based on non-final software and the beta will have a few bugs, but you can give it a shot right now.
Here's the changelog for the new beta.
- Alpha integration of Nougat's rumored revamped All Apps. Swipe up on the dock to reveal All Apps, or continue to use your existing All Apps shortcut. Must be enabled via Settings -> App drawers -> Nougat style (Alpha).
- Add caret (^) page indicator ("Nougat style (Alpha)" option must be enabled).
- Add tinted dock plate ("Nougat style (Alpha)" option must be enabled).
- Add combined Google "pill" and date widget.
- Add Google "pill" as standalone widget.
- Add date widget.
Probably the most prominent change is the revamped slide-up app drawer. It looks just like the leaks, but it does use the theme colors selected in Action Launcher. You don't have to use this drawer style, though. There are also tweaked page indicators, the tinted dock, and several options for the new Google search widget. The "pill" widget can be used in place of the search bar at the top of the screen or added as a standalone widget.
You have to be in the beta to get the new version, which you can join here. A final version of v3.9 will be out in a few weeks.
- +Chris Lacy