Amazon Fire tablets are not devices geared towards stock Android-loving enthusiasts with an unquenchable thirst for whatever they can get from Google Play. They're more casual devices aimed at people who enjoy a simpler experience and Amazon services. New models are also very cheap—buy six for $250 cheap. The 8GB 7-inch tablet starts at $49.99.
Today Amazon has announced three new colors for the device: blue, magenta, and tangerine. In addition to the default black, this leaves buyers with four options to choose from.
Amazon is also adding another storage option. For an additional $20, you can double internal storage up to 16GB. This applies to the Kids Edition as well.
The new colors and increased storage are available now.
Fire, Amazon’s Fastest-Selling Tablet Ever, Adds Colors and More Storage
Fire and Fire Kids Edition now available with 16 GB of internal storage to store even more videos, books, music, and games
Now available in new magenta, blue, and tangerine color options
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced that Fire, Amazon’s fastest-selling tablet ever, is getting even better with new colors and more storage options. Fire will be available in three new colors: magenta, blue, and tangerine, and with either 8 GB of internal storage for $49.99 or with 16 GB for $69.99 so that customers can take even more movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps, and games with them on-the-go. The new Fire colors and storage options are available starting today at: www.amazon.com/fire. Fire Kids Edition will also be available with 16 GB of internal storage for just $119.99 starting today at www.amazon.com/FireKET.
“Amazon’s bargain mini-tablet strikes me as something different: a throwback to the paperback novel.”
“Fire is the fastest-selling Amazon tablet ever, with millions sold since its launch,” said Kevin Keith, GM, Fire Tablets. “We’re excited to introduce Fire with bright new colors and even more storage—so that customers can enjoy a great entertainment experience on a fun, colorful tablet starting at less than $50.”
Millions of customers are already enjoying Fire. For less than $50 it includes:
- Beautiful 7” IPS display—A great viewing experience with vivid and accurate color reproduction that can be seen at all angles.
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor—Quickly and easily switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web without waiting for your tablet to catch up.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the front-facing camera, take and share photos, and save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage for all photos taken on Fire devices.
- Up to 128 GB of expandable storage via microSD—In addition to internal storage options, with support for microSD cards, Fire offers plenty of storage to enjoy even more videos, music, games, and photos while offline.
- All-day battery life—With up to 7 hours of mixed use battery life, Fire gives you the flexibility to go wherever the day takes you.
- Fire OS 5 “Bellini”—Including an updated user interface that replicates the look and feel of a magazine, making browsing and searching for your content easier than ever.
- Blue Shade—Uses specialized filters to limit exposure to blue light for a more comfortable nighttime reading experience on a tablet.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon FreeTime, Family Library, Word Runner, and more.
- World’s best content ecosystem—Access to 38 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, apps, and games—with free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content.
Here’s what reviewers are saying about Fire:
- “Priced from an astonishing $49.99, the Amazon Fire Tablet promises none of the compromises cheap slates normally entail.” — SlashGear
- “For definitive proof that Apple’s iPads are woefully overpriced, look no further than Amazon’s Fire tablet” – Fortune
- “Amazon’s bargain mini-tablet strikes me as something different: a throwback to the paperback novel.” – The Wall Street Journal
- “The Android Lollipop-based Fire OS 5 Bellini features a new user interface that’s simple to navigate and tailor-made for easily consuming all of your favorite movies, games, and books.” – CNET
- “For $50, it’s simply the best value tablet you can buy right now.” – Engadget
- “While most tablets in the $50 range aren’t much more than glorified alarm clocks, the $49.99 Amazon Fire is a fully realized, functional slate with access to tons of content.” – PC Magazine (Editors’ Choice)
Here’s what customers have to say:
- “Cannot put it down!! The resolution is great and reading a book is clear even in blue shade which is amazing when you read at night.” – jessie kane
- “This is an amazing product for the price, and delivers much more than $50 value, especially if you have a Prime account.” – TM massage
- ”At under a fifty dollars there is pretty much nothing else that is this feature packed with this finish quality. I have experienced no quality issues and do not expect anything given Amazon's solid history.” – William Hardin
- “WOW- what a great tablet…. I am so happy and can’t believe I have such a nice tablet with a fast processor for such a great price.” – DSR WALK
- “Five Stars. My first tablet is giving me a good intro to the world of tablets.” – Amazon customer
Fire Kids Edition
Because we don’t want kids to miss out on the fun, we’ve also added a new color and storage option for Fire Kids Edition. Already available in pink or blue, Fire Kids Edition is now also available with a green kid-proof case, and parents can also choose between a Fire Kids Edition with 8 GB or 16 GB of internal storage. Fire Kids Edition comes with one year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited featuring over 10,000 age-appropriate books, videos, educational apps, and games, access to over 40,000 hand-curated YouTube videos and websites, and our same 2-year, worry-free guarantee—if anything happens, simply return the tablet and Amazon will replace it for free. Fire Kids Edition is available with 8 GB for $99.99, and starting today, with 16 GB for just $119.99 at www.amazon.com/FireKET.