There are multiple ways you can get money into your PayPal account. Now there's one more method that you've probably never thought of. If you're at a CVS or Rite Aid, show the clerk your phone, have them scan the barcode, and pay them.
This is a way to get around having to add funds from a bank account. Using this method, you can turn cold hard cash into digital currency that you can spend online.
This feature tops the current changelog. Other additions include an updated widget and the ability to take screenshots of receipts.
- Add cash to your PayPal balance. Go to select CVS or Rite Aid locations, open your PayPal app, and scan a barcode at the register. Give the cashier your cash and it gets sent to your balance (U.S. only)
- Our updated widget gives you fast access to the top features…right from your phone’s home screen.
- Take screenshots of your receipts.
- Update your expired cards.
- Turn off Notification sounds.
- Tap on a friend’s email and go right to the PayPal app so you can send them money.
This change comes not longer after PayPal gave the Android app a drastic overhaul. If you can't get version 6.1.6 from the Play Store, follow the link to APK Mirror below.
The APK is signed by Google and upgrades your existing app. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take days, download and install it just like any other APK.
Version: 6.1.6 (1150061606)
- Sruly Jakubovic