AT&T customers looking for another hotspot option will have one come April 1st. And no, that's no April Fools' joke. It would be a very bad one if it were.
AT&T is releasing the Unite Explore, a rugged portable hotspot that you can take on your next hike or camping trip. The device is advertised as dustproof and resistant to both water and shock.
The device offers up to 22 hours of battery life and can support up to 15 devices. A small screen on top shows your Wi-Fi name, password, and how much data you've used.
You could use your phone as a hotspot instead, but doing so for any significant length of time will likely drain your device's battery. When you're far up a mountain, it may not be the best time to carry a dead phone in your pocket.
AT&T will want $49.99 with a two-year contract when it starts selling the Unite Explore at the end of this week.
AT&T Unite Explore Rugged Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Available Starting April 1
First Rugged Hotspot from AT&T with New Security Features Available for $49.99
AT&T* is bringing its first rugged mobile Wi-Fi hotspot to customers. The AT&T Unite Explore will be available starting April 1 for $49.99 with a two-year agreement.1 Customers will be able to buy the Unite Explore at www.att.com and AT&T stores.
- AT&T Unite Explore is dustproof, water and shock-resistant, so it’s able to handle the bumps of everyday life2. Even if you’re in wet or dusty conditions, the Unite Explore can withstand drops, spills and sand. Just toss it into your backpack, briefcase or the back seat.
The Unite Explore is the first mobile hotspot from AT&T to offer a pair of new security features, advanced parental controls and Guest Wi-Fi with optional timer. The Unite Explore’s advanced parental controls allow the user to block websites depending on the content. The mobile hotspot also has Guest Wi-Fi with an optional timer, that will automatically disconnect users after a predetermined amount of time. With just a click, you can share your 4G LTE connection with up to 15 laptops, tablets, smartphones, digital cameras, gaming consoles and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
This hotspot also offers international roaming compatibility on 4G LTE where it is available.3 Check out the AT&T Unite Explore in action in this video.
- Rugged design – dustproof, water and shock-resistant (IP65 rating and certified to meet MIL-STD-810G standard for shock resistance)4
- Guest Wi-Fi with optional timer
- Content filtering (parental controls)
- Up to 22 hours of battery life on a single charge
- BatteryBoost to help keep your smartphone charged
- Dual-Band 802. 11ac/b/g/n Wi-Fi technology
- LTE Advanced and globally compatible on 4G LTE
- Intuitive touchscreen to monitor data usage, battery life and network connections
- Securely connect up to 15 Wi-Fi devices (hotspot password required)
Visit www.att.com this Friday to learn more about the AT&T Unite Explore.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
1 Req’s elig. service. Activation, early termination & other fees, charges & restrictions apply. See store for details.
2 Device will not operate under water and should be dried as quickly as possible when wet. Shock resistant when dropped from ≤ 4 ft onto flat surface. .
3 Coverage not avail. everywhere. International roaming data rates apply outside the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I., vary based on your plan/package and are subject to change. Add’l restr’s apply.
- See more at: http://about.att.com/story/att_unite_explore_rugged_mobile_wifi_hotspot_available.html#sthash.h5n3fBxb.dpuf