Bethesda is not leaving Fallout Shleter to stagnate now that Fallout 4 has been released. The latest update is the biggest to the game yet with a ton of new items and a system of crafting based in part on Fallout 4. So, put on your power armor and get ready to descend into the vault once again.
Here's the full changelog for v1.4.
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
Like in Fallout 4, junk is a good thing. You can use it to craft weapons and outfits in the newly added weapon and armor crafting rooms. There's also a barbershop to change the appearance of your dwellers. Some of those new rooms are expensive, though. I hope you've got some caps saved up.
Lunchboxes (which can be earned occasionally but also cost money) will have a fifth junk card now as well. The items you find in them will include an assortment of content from Fallout 4, but Bethesda isn't specifying. C'mon Silver Shroud armor.