Millions of people already consider Pandora the best way to discover new music. You create a station starting with an artist you like, and the site follows that up with songs sharing similar characteristics. You indicate whether you like or don't like a song, and the station gets smarter from there.
The downside to this approach is that you take what you get, and to a certain extent, you're limited by what you know. You may like a station based on someone you've never heard of, but you've never heard of them to create the station.
That's why Pandora is introducing a new Browse section that lets you look through recommended artists and stations. This area still pulls from your history of likes and dislikes, but it aims to add spice for listeners who may find themselves in a rut.
The feature is launching today for iOS users in Australia, New Zealand, and the US. Pandora says Android support is coming soon.
Pandora Debuts New Personalized Destination to Discover Music
It’s now easier than ever to discover the perfect music for you
OAKLAND, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pandora (NYSE:P), the world’s most powerful music discovery platform, today launched Browse, a new way to help you discover even more music you’ll love. Browse is the perfect place for you to lean in and discover your next favorite artist because the recommendations are tailor-made from your thumbs and your individual musical tastes. Whenever and wherever you are, Pandora provides the soundtrack that's always in tune with what you want to hear.
Introducing Browse: Discover your next favorite @Pandora_radio station on your iPhone: http://ctt.ec/aS_R2+
“Finding new music should be a simple and enjoyable experience,” said Chris Phillips, chief product officer of Pandora. “Our musicologists have scored millions of songs to find the perfect music just for you. The new Browse feature makes it easy to find the music you love whether you know what you want, or need a little help discovering music you didn’t know existed.”
Browse is Your Ultimate Personalized Discovery Destination
- Music You Want: Everyone enjoys music, just maybe not the same type of music. Browse serves up artists and stations that are only relevant to you. The experience will continually improve the more you listen to Pandora.
- Fresh Station Recommendations: You'll get nonstop discovery of new stations based on your listening activity.
- Take a Look and See: Have trouble committing? You can see what’s spinning on a station before adding it to your station list.
- Music Metrics: Want to know how many other people are also listening to your favorite artist? You can see how many fans have added that station, whether it’s a pop music icon who has millions of listeners or a breaking artist who has a few thousand.
We have also made getting to your music even more effortless.
New Look and Feel
- Always Know What’s Playing: You now have one-tap access to whatever is playing with a new Mini-Player on the bottom of the app. We also placed your Stations, Feed, Profile and Settings in the new Fly-Out menu in the top left corner.
- Find Your Stations Faster: Organize your My Station list by Recent or Alphabetical order.
- Go Behind the Music: Looking to connect with your favorite artist on a deeper level? We redesigned the artist pages with a fresh format, so you can find more information about the artists you love.
Browse is available for iPhones in the United States, Australia and New Zealand and will launch on Android phones soon.