Beside the new Android 6.0.1 version, we saw the release of the December security updates earlier this week. Many manufacturers committed to roll these updates monthly to their devices and HTC seems to be keen on jumping to the front of the line with its near-stock One A9.
Owners of the device on AT&T should have started seeing an OTA update yesterday with the security fixes as well as camera improvements, says HTC's VP of Product Management Mo Versi. Other versions of the A9 are probably bound to follow.
Happy Tuesday! AT&T HTC One (A9) Owners - The latest security updates including improvements to the camera will be OTA'd out by tonight.
— Mo Versi (@moversi) December 8, 2015
If you haven't seen the update notification, you can head into your phone's settings and check for it. And this isn't the only goodie you'll get before the end of the year. The One A9 is also scheduled to get Marshmallow 6.0.1 in December, so it looks like owners of HTC's latest almost-flagship have struck gold in regards to prompt software updates.
Here are the official update details:
Update the Software for the HTC One A9
Effective December 8rd, 2015, AT&T released a software update for the HTC One A9 (2PQ9120). This update will be made available to customers to download via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) using a Wi-Fi connection.
Software update includes
- Camera and Battery improvements
- Bulletin security update
What to expect after the update
Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to an SD card, a PC, or using a favorite application (from the Play Store), prior to upgrading the software.
How to update
Customer notifications may be sent to the HTC One A9. The HTC One A9 will also automatically search for updates with in the schedule of 8 hours / 30 days / 6 months / 12 months upon activation (or after factory reset). Installation can be postponed up to three times in four hour intervals for up to 12 hours. The software update requires Wi-Fi connectivity for download progress to begin.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- To initiate the update manually, select Menu > AT&T software update > Check for updates > OK.
- The device will determine if new software is available, and begin downloading the software update. Once complete, the device will restart.
- Wait until your phone reboots completely.
How to verify the update
- Select Menu > Settings > About > Software information
- If the software number matches new specifications below, your phone is up to date.
- Android Version: 6.0
- HTC Sense Version: 7.0_g
- Software Version: 1.27.502.5
- Baseband Version: 1.0.U00297.1.51002.2_29.05_F
- Kernel Version: 3.10.73-perf-ge36ea4e [email protected] #1 SMP PREEMPT
- Build Number: 1.27.502.5.5 CL656287 release-keys
- Android security patch level: 2015-11-01
- File Size: 444MB