[Update: Added r15 - r18] AOSP Developer Changelog Posted For v5.1.1_r3 (LMY48B) To v5.1.1_r14 (LMY48M)
AOSP Changelog Posted For Android v6.0.0_r1 (MRA58K) And The v5.1.1 October Security Updates r19-r24
AOSP Changelogs Posted For November Security Updates And Nexus 5X / 6P
AOSP Changelogs Posted For Android 6.0.1 And December Security Updates
AOSP Changelogs Posted For January's 6.0.1 And 5.1.1 Security Updates
- View All 38 Articles In This Series
Google's monthly security updates are out in the form of factory images, and that means it's time for some new code in AOSP. Since these versions are dedicated to closing security holes, there certainly won't be any new features and the bug fixes probably won't have much effect on battery life or performance, but they will keep the baddies from treating your phone like it runs an old version of Windows.
A number of serious vulnerabilities were fixed in this release, including two critical issues that could be used for remote code execution. Details have been posted on the Nexus Security Bulletin.
There are quite a few tags in this cycle, and there may be more to come. So far, three tags are dedicated to Android 5.1.1 updates to cover backported security updates. The first changelogs for the Nexus 5X and 6P have also been posted, along with several minor version bumps.
We can expect to see a few more changelogs added to the list below. There are still a couple of gaps in the tag numbers, a firmware build that's not in AOSP, and a few device updates that haven't been posted yet in either AOSP or factory images. This post will be updated as new changelogs are ready.
- Android 5.1.1 r25 (LMY48X) - android-5.1.1_r24 -> android-5.1.1_r25
- Android 5.1.1 r26 (LMY48Y) - android-5.1.1_r25 -> android-5.1.1_r26 (Nexus 6)
- Android 5.1.1 r25 (LYZ28N) - android-5.1.1_r22 -> android-5.1.1_r28 (Nexus 6 on T-Mobile)
- Android 5.1.1 r29 (LVY48I) - android-5.1.1_r23 -> android-5.1.1_r29 (Nexus 6)
- Android 6.0.0 r2 (MRA58N) - android-6.0.0_r1 -> android-6.0.0_r2 (Nexus 5, Nexus 9 LTE + Wi-Fi, Nexus Player)
- Android 6.0.0 r3 (MRA58R) - android-6.0.0_r2 -> android-6.0.0_r3 (Nexus 6 on Project Fi)
- Android 6.0.0 r4 (MRA58U) - android-6.0.0_r2 -> android-6.0.0_r4 (Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi)
- Android 6.0.0 r5 (MRA58V) - android-6.0.0_r4 -> android-6.0.0_r5 (Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi + LTE)
- Android 6.0.0 r11 (MDA89D) - android-wear-5.1.1_r1 -> android-6.0.0_r11 (Nexus 6P)
- Android 6.0.0 r12 (MDA89E) - android-6.0.0_r11 -> android-6.0.0_r12 (Nexus 5X)
- Android 6.0.0 r13 (MDA89F) - android-6.0.0_r12 -> android-6.0.0_r13
- Android 6.0.0 r23 (MDB08I) - android-6.0.0_r13 -> android-6.0.0_r23 (Nexus 5X)
- Android 6.0.0 r24 (MDB08K) - android-6.0.0_r23 -> android-6.0.0_r24 (Nexus 6P)
- Android 6.0.0 r25 (MDB08L) - android-6.0.0_r24 -> android-6.0.0_r25 (Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P)
- Android 6.0.0 r26 (MDB08M) - android-6.0.0_r25 -> android-6.0.0_r26 (Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P)