So, if you haven't heard, Google announced some stuff today. Some of it was Nexus stuff. Some of it was Pixel stuff. Some of it was Android stuff. And some of it was Chromecast stuff.
Alongside the two new Chromecasts — a second-gen HDMI dongle and audio-only dongle — the company also offered up a ton of new features for the Chromecast app, making it infinitely more useful than ever before. No longer just for setting up your new little dongle or changing the backdrop options, this new updated app brings all sorts of additional functionality like finding new content, more backdrop options, and a lot more. Here's a look at the full changelog, with the download just below:
- What's On: Browse popular and featured content from your favorite cast-enabled apps.
- Devices: Personalize backdrop with Facebook and Flickr photo albums and control (play, pause & change volume) all your Chromecast devices.
- Get Apps: Discover new offers and cast-enabled apps from content partners, through our curated and merchandised experience.
- Search: Find where you can cast your favorite movies and TV shows.
- Support for: All new Chromecast devices, Android M
The APK is signed by Google and upgrades your existing app. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take days, download and install it just like any other APK.
Version: 1.12.32 (10120320)