If you're a Sprint customer and you've added Sprint Open World coverage, the carrier won't charge you any extra to place calls to certain parts of the world. You also get unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data when you travel to any of the "Included" locales. "Additional" ones cost 20 cents a minute.
Sprint has added 33 more destinations to the list, bringing the total up to over 60.
Sprint Open World's New Destinations:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- St. Barthelemy
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- St. Vincent & The Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
Among the full list of locations, only 14 "Included" ones come with free calling and text plus 1GB of data. These are Dominican Republic, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, and Paraguay. All other "additional" countries cost 20 cents a minute and $30 per gigabyte of data. Only texting also remains free.
Sprint adds 33 more destinations to Sprint Open World – unlimited free texting, great rates on calls and high-speed data
Stay in touch easily when you travel to France, the Caribbean, Fiji and other destinations by adding Sprint Open World to any Sprint domestic service plan
Sprint Open World offers free calls, text and high-speed data in more international destinations than any other carrier
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), September 17, 2015 - Whether you are island-hopping through the Caribbean, escaping to Fiji or touring France, your world just expanded with Sprint. Thirty-three destinations have been added to the free Sprint Open World add-on service, giving customers unlimited free texting and great rates on calls and high-speed data.
Sprint Open World
- For customers traveling frequently to Mexico, Canada and 12 countries across Latin America, Sprint Open World includes free calling and text, plus 1GB of free data. The Latin American countries are Dominican Republic, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and Paraguay. Sprint offers free calling in more international destinations than any other carrier. T-Mobile offers free calling in two countries. AT&T and Verizon do not offer free international calling.
- In more than 50 other destinations, including those just added to the Sprint Open World plan, texting is free, calls are just $0.20/minute, and high-speed data is only $30/GB.
- The new Sprint Open World destinations include France, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Seychelles, St. Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, and Vanuatu. For a full list of destinations visit, www.sprint.com/openworld.
- Qualified Sprint customers on domestic plans with compatible phones may add Sprint Open World to their Sprint plan simply by visiting www.sprint.com/openworld or go to your local Sprint store.1
“When our customers are vacationing in the Caribbean or traveling abroad, we know they want to be able to communicate with friends and family free from worry about surprising costs to text, make a call home or send a photo,” said Kevin Crull, chief marketing officer, Sprint. “We are continuing to add more destinations and enabling our customers to stay connected virtually wherever they go.”
Sprint Global Roaming
Customers whose international travel does not frequently include Mexico, Canada or Latin America may opt instead for the Sprint Global Roaming free add-on service. With Sprint Global Roaming, customers get free unlimited 2G data, unlimited text messaging, and calls for $0.20 per minute. For a complete list of Sprint Global Roaming destinations, visit www.sprint.com/globalroaming.
Open World and Global Roaming are available on iPhone 6s
Both Open World and Global Roaming are available for free on the iPhone 6s, as well as other iPhones and smartphones from Sprint. Starting on Sept. 25, qualified Sprint customers can choose iPhone Forever2 to get iPhone 6s for $15 per month and iPhone 6s Plus for $19 per month, making it the most affordable way to get the new iPhones on Sprint. Customers who choose not to trade in an existing smartphone at time of purchase can get iPhone 6s for $22 per month and iPhone 6s Plus for $26 per month. With the innovative iPhone Forever program, included in the price, Sprint customers can now get a new iPhone every year. Visit www.sprint.com/iphoneforever to place an order or learn more about the iPhone 6s and iPhone Forever.
Customers can learn more about Sprint Open World or other international calling options by calling 1-800-SPRINT1Call: 1-800-SPRINT1, visiting a Sprint or RadioShack store, or check out www.sprint.com/openworld.