Minecraft Pocket Edition updates are often filled with minute changes that you have to be familiar with the game to understand. Version 0.12.1's changelog includes a number of these tweaks. For example, there's "Ocelots! Try taming one with a fish" and "Golems. We recommend you approach with caution." Also, "Sneaking and sprinting! Express yourself through movement!"
MCPE NEWS: Who wants Sprinting in Minecraft Pocket Edition? It's coming in 0.12.0.
— Minecraft News (@MCPE_News) July 5, 2015
But you don't need any understand of the game's lore or its mechanics to appreciate this one—gamepad support has arrived! That's right, the wait is over (for the most part, keep reading). A mapping screen comes included that lets you assign functions to your preferred buttons.
While you're digging out that controller, know that you and four buddies can now play together across mobile devices and Windows 10. So if you're running Android and your friends are gaming from their PC, that should no longer be a problem.
- The Nether and all its inhabitants. Fight Ghasts and make friends with Pigmen
- Cross platform play for up to five players between Pocket Edition and Windows 10
- Revamped touch controls, controller support, and a controller mapping screen
- Enhanced Weather effects! Accumulating snow and more
- Ocelots! Try taming one with a fish
- Experience, Anvils, Brewing, and enchantments. Time to up your game, crafter
- Golems. We recommend you approach with caution
- Flower pots. We recommend you fill them with flowers
- Sneaking and sprinting! Express yourself through movement!
- Loads of bug fixes that are too boring to list here
- Lots, lots more!
Okay, so you might have to wait just a bit longer. So far the update is only available on the Amazon Appstore. We're keeping our eyes on the Play Store page, since that's where most players likely bought the game. Hopefully it's just a matter of time.
The Play Store version you've been waiting for has arrived.
Our latest free update includes the Nether and all its inhabitants, enhanced weather effects, cross platform play with Windows 10 Beta Edition, revamped controls, and lots more.
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures.
Explore randomly generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in creative mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off the dangerous mobs.
Craft, create, and explore alone, or with friends on mobile devices or Windows 10.
Here's the widget.
- Amazon Appstore