Just as Google released its new Cardboard Design Lab app to the Play Store, it also updated the Cardboard app itself with various fixes and improvements. The update, which brings the Cardboard app to version 1.5, improves the QR code scanning experience, fixes a black screen bug, and tunes drift correction, among other things. Here's the full change log.
- Improve camera preview when scanning QR code
- Drift correction less aggressive and uses uncalibrated gyro when available
- Support trigger with a single screen touch on phones running Jelly Bean
- Fix black screen issues present on some phones
- Disable Windy Day on phones that don't support OpenGL ES3
The update should be available for everyone on the Play Store, but you can also grab it and stay up to date with Cardboard on APK Mirror.