If you've been waiting on a good deal for Motorola's first Android Wear device, now might be the time to strike. Best Buy is offering every retail variant of the Moto 360, all the various color and band combinations, for $100 off of the already-reduced base price of $250. That means the cheapest new one is $149.99, while the most expensive option (the "champagne" gold color with matching metal band for men or women) is $229.99.
Here are direct links to all the watches on sale:
- Black, with black leather band - $149.99
- Black, with black steel band - $199.99
- Stainless steel, with brown leather band - $149.99
- Stainless steel, with grey leather band - $149.99
- Stainless steel, with stainless steel band - $199.99
- Stainless steel, with stainless steel band (18mm) - $199.99
- Gold, with gold steel band - $229.99
- Gold, with gold steel band (18mm) - $229.99
All the watches qualify for free shipping, and depending upon your location, some may be available for local pickup as well. Thanks to Best Buy's ubiquitous presence in the US you won't be getting any breaks on sales taxes, but considering the discount, that's probably not a deal-breaker.
We're about due for a new round of Android Wear devices from all the major manufacturers except LG and Huawei, so those who like having the latest and greatest may not be swayed by this deal. If you're OK with the status quo then get after it - there's no telling whether or not the low price will last beyond Memorial Day.
It looks like this price is a promotional sale from Motorola, so you can also grab the discounted Moto 360 from the manufacturer website and Amazon. Other major retailers should follow soon. This is a "dads and grads" type of sale, so the price will go back up on June 9th.
- Best Buy