Ok, I am going to keep this brief because I don't expect this deal to last long. In preparation for the imminent release of new Samsung tablets, Best Buy has the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4" 16GB LTE tablet at closeout prices. They are available with either AT&T or Verizon antennas for just $279.99. That's a staggering 220 bucks off retail and 20 dollars less than the Wi-Fi only model on Amazon (which was already a good deal).
Even though it launched in June of 2014, the Tab S is still a formidable device with plenty of power and, in my opinion, the best screen on any Android tablet. If you need a quick refresher on the specs check this:
- Display: 8.4-inch 2560x1600 Super AMOLED Panel
- Processor: Exynos 5 Octa (1.9GHz + 1.3GHz) / Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Models will also be available (LTE)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 16/32GB
- Cameras: 8MP rear shooter, 2.1MP front
- Ports: microUSB (USB 2.0), microSD
- Wireless: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, IrLED
- Battery: 4900mAh
- OS: Android 4.4.2 (Lollipop coming soon)
- Dimensions/Weight: 125.6 x 212.8 x 6.6mm, 298g (LTE)
I dig the 8.4 inch screen on this Tab S model - it is a size that is big enough to be useful without feeling cumbersome or awkward to handle for extended periods. The device is thin and light and should feel great to hold while you browse IMDB on the couch as you binge watch Community on your TV. Cameron wrote a raving review of the tablet when it launched last year, so be sure to read it if you need more info before clicking the buy button. Just don't take too much time to make up your mind − at this price it may not be in stock for long.
The AT&T version of the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE is available in grey and the Verizon model in white, and they both ship free. The links below will take you to the appropriate product page.