Evernote has been nibbling around the edges of material design for a while now, but the 7.0 update is a big one. The app is adopting many aspects of material design and adding a few new features too.
Here's the changelog for Evernote v7.0.
- Visual refresh supporting Google’s Material Design principles, including a flatter look, bolder colors, and improved typography
- Customizable quick notes
- Long press to add or remove quick note options
- Revamped navigation
- Simpler navigation drawer with direct access to shortcuts
- Improved note editor and note view
- Cleaner layout and controls
- Editable tags
- Support for renaming and deleting tags
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements
As for the material UI, Evernote got it mostly right, I think. The app had a FAB before, but the styling was all wrong. Now it looks as it should and there's a cool animation when you tap it to add a new note. The navigation drawer has also been revamped to material-ish specifications. The status bar and hero color are present as well. It doesn't have as many touch animations as I would have expected, though.
The update should be live for everyone, but just in case, you can get it on APK Mirror.