Sonos doesn't use the Play Store beta system, so it's a bit of a pain to get the newest version of the app installed before it's official. The v5.3 update hit beta in January, but now it's ready for everyone to download in the Play Store. Sonos doesn't update frequently, so it tends to cram a lot of changes into each release, and this is no exception.
Here's what you can expect in the new version.
- A faster way to manage all the rooms in your home: Effortlessly move your music around your home with a more accessible rooms menu, now available by tapping the top of any screen in the Sonos app.
- Improvements to the tablet app: New dedicated screens for what’s playing and music discovery on iOS and Android tablets makes toggling between screens more intuitive.
- Quickly switch between screens: Using your phone, swipe down from the now playing screen to go back to browse your music. Then swipe from left to right to show all your music sources.
- Want to hear that verse again? The track progression bar is back in your now playing screen, just below the album art. Drag it to whatever point in the song you want to play.
- Easier to mix it up: With Crossfade, blending your tracks is simple from within the info menu, now more prominently placed alongside the sleep timer. From the now playing screen, press the info button to access.
You can get to the app in the Play Store by tapping the "Update now" item in the app's home menu. Or just use the widget below from your device.