NVIDIA announced the latest push for its GRID cloud gaming service earlier today with Saint's Rov IV and more titles in the coming weeks, and now there's a SHIELD Tablet update to go along with it. In addition to enabling more GRID games, the update improves a few aspects of the device. It will stay on Android 5.0.1, though.
The changelog is visible in the screenshot above, but here it is again just for good measure.
- More great streamed PC games, for free – No PC required: You can now play popular titles such as Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7, PixelJunk Shooter and GRID 2 amongst many others. New games are added every week on #SHIELDTuesday
- Standby battery life improvements: Improved battery life in standby/idle conditions, especially with WiFi turned ON
- Improved charging performance and compatibility: Broader support for high performance chargers
- Overall experience enhancements: Additional UI responsiveness and memory optimizations, Graphics corruption resolution
- Support for SHIELD Hub 4.1: Includes GameStream multi-controller support
The update is available to both the WiFi and LTE version of the tablet. While the download is a little under 100MB for the WiFi variant, it's about 135MB for the LTE. You can get it immediately by heading to the system update menu in the settings.