Sprint's LG G3 today becomes the newest member of the Lollipop club. We had a leaked document from Sprint a few weeks back that pointed to today as the big day, and indeed it is. You may begin attacking the update button now.
The OTA is rolling out with the following changes.
- Material Design for fluid animation, multicolored themes and 3D views
- More efficient battery use
- Android™ TV support
- Notifications on the lock screen and customizable options with prioritized notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
- Updated Lock Screen features allow users to quickly access notifications and active apps
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
- Integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities
- Enhanced Messaging with Google Hangouts™ support for SMS and MMS and a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons
- Upgraded Google Mobile Service™ apps automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files
Sprint didn't clarify whether the update was going out in waves or if anyone could manually trigger the OTA by checking for updates. It can't hurt to try... a few dozen times.