DIRECTV has added the ability for its customers to stream thirteen additional channels to their Android devices. The Play Store page doesn't contain an extensive list of which ones are new, but it does mention MSNBC, Ovation, QVC, and Showtime Showcase. All of these are available inside the home, with only QVC accessible outside of the home as well.
These additions bring DIRECTV's full list of channels with live streaming support up to 110. Of them, 51 are still streamable once you step out of the house. To see if your favorite channel has made the list, all you need to do is check.
The latest update also included Lollipop support. The interface hasn't received a big redesign, but at least everything should run smoothly. For people running Android 5.0, that's more important than anything else.
- Now you can stream even more of your favorite movies and shows, live and On Demand! We¹ve added 13 new channels to our Live TV Streaming and On Demand lineup, including Ovation, Showtime Showcase, QVC, MSNBC, and more.
- Update includes additional performance enhancements, bug fixes, and support for Lollipop.
- We’ve made discovering new movies and TV shows even easier. Now you’ll see the hottest titles at the top of your screen—just tap to watch or record!
- Plus additional performance enhancements and bug fixes.
- Support for Lollipop coming soon.