Pushbullet continues its unending march into the future, unfazed by the shifting standards of UI design. This app is already getting up to speed with a Material look in the latest version, but that's not all.
Here's what we've got in the new version of Pushbullet.
- New navigation drawer with quick access to channels, settings, and more.
- Notification mirroring toggle in navigation drawer
- Filter pushes by device, contact, or channel
- Filter pushes with search term
- Reorganized settings
- Send pushes from floating pop-over window
- Material all the things
The developers tell us that this isn't just a façade of Material Design like some apps are doing—slap a tinted status bar on it and call it a day, right? The new Pushbullet includes proper implementations of the floating action button, animations, toggles, and icons. The new filtering options and revamped settings might be a bigger deal in the long run, but they're not quite as sexy.
You won't get the full effect unless you're on Android 5.0, but it's still a nice update for everyone else... you know, everyone not using an operating system that technically isn't even out yet. The Pushbullet guys work fast.