The newest snapshot build of CyanogenMod is rolling out now, and it's a bit of a jump from the last version. This is the first snapshot based on Android 4.4.4, and it brings a few new features. Now that the M builds are essentially the stable channel, it's probably time for CM users to get flashing.
Here's the changelog for CM 11 M8.
- Common: Android 4.4.4 (Google)
- New Devices: Sony Xperia Z2 (sirius); Xiaomi Mi2 (aries); Oppo Find 7a/s (find7); OnePlus One (bacon)
- Common: Fix VPN issues related to 4.4.3 merge
- Common: Enable 'Heads Up' notification mode (Settings > Notifications)
- Settings: 'Interface' replaced by 'Status Bar', 'Notification Drawer', and 'Gestures'
- Settings: Moved 'Expanded Desktop' to 'Display'
- Settings: Moved all lock screen related items to 'Lock Screen' and removed duplicates from 'Security'
- Settings: Moved 'Navigation Bar' layout control to 'Buttons'
- Trebuchet: Custom Homescreen grid size
- Trebuchet: Add Protected Apps feature
- Trebuchet: Add Search Panel (Google Now) option
- WhisperPush: No longer ignores 'Blacklist'
- Futex: Protect against Towelroot
- Various small bugfixes, global and device-specific
Note that this build moves a few devices from nightly only on CM 11 to the more stable M branch. You can find all the flashable ZIP files on the CyanogenMod website, but not every device will have M8 just yet (or ever, in some cases).