BeyondPod has long been one of the top Android podcast managers, but it was definitely not tops in the looks department. The current version is okay, but it could use a fresh coat of paint. The new 4.0 beta is getting more than that, though. BeyondPod 4.0 has been rebuilt from the ground up with a completely new UI and a new name to go with it. BeyondPod is BeyondPod EVO now.
Just comparing the new app (above) to the current Google Play version (at the bottom), the difference is clear. The app is super-clean, with cards, a proper nav drawer, and a nice full-screen playback interface. The changelog posted on the beta download page (it's not being run through Google Play) is mostly about the visual and layout changes, but here it is.
- Simple and faster navigation using a new, modern user interface. (Make sure to read our upgrade guide).
- All feeds are neatly organized in categories and available from the new left navigation drawer.
- Your playlist is easily accessible by swiping from the right screen edge (right drawer).
- New full screen player with support for visualizations.
- It is easier to navigate your playlist when driving or exercising with the new "car mode" player.
- We also added support for multiple SmartPlay lists
I would add that it looks like tablet support is built into this one app now, rather than the two separate listings used in the v3.x app. The beta app is a trial just like the stable release. It gets all the pro features for a week, then you'll need a license. The app still has all the powerful features it had before, but it's much prettier. You should definitely check this out if you're a BeyondPod user.