It's time to fire up that Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 and see what all the fuss is about with this KitKat thing everyone's been talking about... for months. Well, it's not like you bought the Sprint version of the Gtab because you wanted fast updates – it was just dirt cheap, and sometimes free. Consequently, there are probably a fair number of devices out there getting an update today.
The update comes with build number T217SVPUBNE7 and includes the following tweaks.
- New Lock Screen Access - Media Controls, Camera Shortcut
- SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed
This is the only major update the Sprint Tab 3 has ever gotten, and the first since shortly after it was released late last year. Owners would do well to enjoy it, though. I wouldn't be surprised if this was its last.