There are plenty of podcast apps on Android, but few are as pretty as Pocket Casts, and it's even better with the most recent update to v4.5. In addition to some UI tweaks, this version adds Chromecast support to the app. That's not even all – Pocket Casts has plenty more goodies in store.
Here's the full list of changes from the Shifty Jelly blog.
- Chromecast support: send your favourite podcasts straight to your TV with a single tap.
- Up Next playlist: no need to wonder what’s playing next, flick right on the now playing screen and see. Re-arrange items to your heart’s content, and quickly skip between them too.
- Colourful Awesomeness: podcast authors have some amazing artwork. The new Pocket Casts automatically detects colours from the artwork and brightens the interface in subtle, but powerful ways.
- Modern Android Interface: When Pocket Casts 4 first came out, it was everything that was right about Android design. Since then Android has moved forward, and now so have we. See your podcasts in a whole new light.
- Enhancements Galore: We’ve re-written so many parts of Pocket Casts to make it faster, more robust and better than ever before. There’s a million little details that have gone into this update and we can’t wait for you to experience them.
The combination of better playlist management and Chromecast support is probably going to be really killer for this app. To top it off, Pocket Casts looks great. It costs a few bucks, but it's one of the best podcast apps out there.
[Shifty Jelly Blog – Thanks, Steven Benner]