If you didn't get enough coverage of Samsung's new devices from our own Mobile World Congress posts, Sammy has posted its own official hands-on videos for the three new gadgets introduced at the show. The Samsung YouTube page now has in-depth videos for the Galaxy S5 and the Gear 2 and Gear Fit. They're pretty exhaustive: the phone video clocks in at just under eight minutes and the watch video is over nine minutes.
Here's the S5 video. If you're short on time, jump to the following points for specific features:
- Screen and video: 1:15
- Camera and camera app: 1:45
- WiFi and download booster: 3:50
- S-Health and heart rate monitor: 4:50
- Ultra power-saving mode: 6:35
- Fingerprint reader: 7:10
And here's the video for the new Gear 2 and Gear Fit.
- Gear 2 - new user interface: 1:20
- Gear 2 - camera/wallpaper: 2:15
- Gear 2 - Calls and notifications: 2:30
- Gear 2 - fitness and HR monitor: 3:40
- Gear 2 - standalone music: 4:40
- Gear 2 - WatchOn remote: 5: 25
- Gear Fit: 5:45
- Gear Fit - personalization: 6:30
- Gear Fit - fitness and HR monitor: 7:05
- Gear Fit - notifications and replies: 8:05
Samsung didn't include video of the presumably cheaper Gear 2 Neo, which uses a plastic case and lacks a camera.
Want something a little more impartial? Check out our hands-on posts with video of the Galaxy S5 hardware and software, plus the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, and the Gear Fit. There are also more standard intro videos from Samsung. All four devices will go on sale worldwide (including major American carriers) on April 11th.
Source: Samsung YouTube