Cal comes from the makers of Any.do, and it's got the same level of polish and functionality users of that app expect. Cal is getting a nice update today that adds a new feature called HeadsUp. This is actually a collection of features that are designed to make meetings more convenient.
HeadsUp is built into Cal and will pop up a special settings screen before, during, and after a meeting. Here's what you'll get on each one of them.
Before a meeting:
- Navigate your way with Google maps
- Let participants know you’re running late
- Get an Uber and arrive on time
- Email a message to the invitees
During a meeting:
- Mute your phone to avoid interruptions
- Add tasks as they come up in conversation
- Take photos of white board drawings, diagrams, documents to share with everyone
- Record video or audio of what’s being discussed
- Send a summary email to the group
After a meeting:
- Add or send action items to your peers
- Set Follow-up meetings with everyone involved
- Send an email summary to get everyone on the same page
It seems like a robust new tool. It's not strictly a meeting tool – you could make use of a lot of this for other, less business-y events. Cal is free, so take a peek if you're into it. The update with HeadsUp is already live in Google Play.