[Bonus Round] Dark Project, Papa Pear Saga, And Pretentious Game
[Bonus Round] Savant Ascent, Heroes of Steel RPG, Never Alone Hotline, Island Of The Lizard King, And Little Inferno
[Bonus Round] Nightmare: Malaria, Sensei Wars, And Greedy Spiders Smash
[Bonus Round] TowerMadness, Fiz: Brewery Management, Castle Raid 2, Gods Vs Humans, And Blocky Roads
[Bonus Round] Record of Agarest War, MIMPI, Cyto's Puzzle Adventure, Skateboard Party 2, And Disney Hidden Worlds
- View All 212 Articles In This Series
Welcome to the latest entry in our Bonus Round series, wherein we tell you all about the new Android games of the day that we couldn't get to during our regular news rounds. Consider this a quick update for the dedicated gamers who can't wait for our bi-weekly roundups, and don't want to wade through a whole day's worth of news just to get their pixelated fix. Today we've got a truly terrifying platformer, a strategy game from 2K, and a new Greedy Spiders title. Without further ado:
This game comes from a cooperation between developers Psyop and the Against Malaria Foundation. It's kind of terrifying, a literal fever dream of a game where you play a little girl running through her own body being pursued by a truly scary mosquito specter. Your only defense is to make it to the mosquito net - get caught and you're brutally impaled. As laudable as the awareness campaign behind this game is, I can't help but think it might scare small children. The app is free with no IAP, and it's narrated by Susan Sarandon.
Nightmare: Malaria drops you into the bloodstream of a young girl infected with malaria. Can you make it out alive?
- Survive 21 levels of fever-dream visuals through two worlds: Blood and Brain.
- Save the stranded teddy bears on every level to advance.
- Avoid killer mosquitoes using your wits and the safety of mosquito nets.
- Featuring the voice of Academy Award-winner Susan Sarandon.
- Completely Free!
In support of raising awareness and funds to battle malaria, Emmy award-winning production company Psyop created Nightmare: Malaria, it's first game for Android, through a partnership with the Against Malaria Foundation (AMF), ranked the #1 most effective charity by Give Well, The Life You Can Save and Giving What We Can.
Sensei Wars comes from mega publisher 2K, now hoping to get a foothold on Google Play after some less complex mobile games like Beejumbled. It's a simplified real-time strategy game with an Asian motif, so you'll need to build and defend structures then recruit and train your army before going into battle. Single player, multiplayer, and co-op modes are worthy of consideration, but at least a few early reviews indicate that the in-app purchases in this free title could sour the experience.
Will your Sensei rule the world? Time will tell in the newest combat strategy game that gives you direct control in battle! Define the fighting style of your Sensei to best defend your Dojo, conquer enemy bases and command special healing powers. Train your army to defeat enemies, fortify your base to withstand attacks and join forces with friends by creating a Dynasty for co-op play. Bunker your troops, grab a sword and battle against players worldwide - all attempting to claim the ultimate victory!
Greedy Spiders Smash
The latest entry in Blyts' Greedy Spider series is perfect for those who love to kill offensive arachnids... and not so perfect for anyone who was creeped out by that one scene from The Fly. Your goal is simple: squash the spiders before they get to the trapped insects. The game is roughly turn-based - you can only smash one spider at a time or apply a power-up, so you'll need to think strategically to get them all. The game is two bucks and includes no in-app purchases.
A bunch of new greedy and hungry spiders will be in your way. This time you will have to…SMASH THEM ALL! Are you ready for this new adventure? Be fast, be smart and train your fingers! Collect the candies and save the little bugs before is too late. Think carefully, but be fast. These spiders are hungrier than ever! 108 brand new levels that will keep you hooked for hours! Prove yourself in 18 real time bonus challenges. How fast can you be?
Be sure to check out our gaming coverage from earlier today:
- [New Game] Small World 2 Board Game Enters The Play Store 8 Months After Shattering Its Kickstarter Fundraising Goal
- Minecraft Pocket Edition Updated To Version 0.8.0 With Minecarts, Increased View Distance, New Blocks, And More
- [New Game] Cartoon Network Pushes Ski Safari: Adventure Time Down The Slopes And Into The Play Store
- [New Game] Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Lands On Android With A New Level, Playable Knuckles, Online Multiplayer, And More
- Plants Vs. Zombies 2 Gets A Massive Update With Turbo Mode, A New World, Gigantic Zombies, And No More Stars Or Gates
- Google Releases New Tools For Game Developers: 2D Physics Library And Play Games Plugin For Unity
- [New Game] Activision Brings Cabela's Big Game Hunter To Android, Lets You Get Your Hunt On In Or Out Of Season