Shortly after Android 4.4 hit Nexus devices, a new beta of the popular Nova Launcher home screen added UI elements borrowed from the Google Experience Launcher. Now that version has hit the Play Store with some refinements and additional features. While the Google Now integration isn't possible with a third-party launcher, this is about as close as you'll get to the Kitkat look without going stock.
You'd have to look twice to tell Nova from the stock Google Experience Launcher – the icons, fonts, and colors are all reproduced here, but with the fully customized Nova settings underneath. Here's the full changelog:
- KitKat scroll indicator (Desktop - Scroll Indicator)
- KitKat folders styles (Folders - Folder Background, Light Background)
- KitKat font (Look and Feel - Icon Font - Condensed, Android 4.1+)
- KitKat app drawer icon
- Google KitKat icon theme (Look and Feel - Icon Theme)
- Small autohiding tabs in app drawer (Drawer - Small Tabs)
- Transparent system bars on KitKat (Look and feel - Transparent Notification Bar. Requires KitKat)
- Backup/Restore from external sdcard
Most of this was in the beta, but now it's in regular Google Play channel and should be more stable. You can check out Nova Launcher for free, the pick up the Prime key if you like what you see.